Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we get Blackshear, I'd bet money on either Richards or Montgomery not being here next year.
    When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
      If we get Blackshear, I'd bet money on either Richards or Montgomery not being here next year.
      Probably wouldn't affect Montgomery too much because he can play the 4. Richards would probably think hard about moving on.

I hope he'd stick it out because competition is vital on good teams. But you can see his rationale for leaving if it worked out that way.

Comment

^ And actually it may be an enticement for someone like Montgomery.

Playing with a good frontcourt player alongside you is essential. Montgomery could really have a good year with a vet like Blackshear anchoring the post.

Comment

He should announce he will be going to UK and then enter the draft. That will guarantee him staying in and being drafted lol.

Comment

Richards isn't going anywhere unless him and his girlfriend break up. She's on the volleyball team.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I can't read it as anything but positive for UK.

In the past when we've seen families do something like that the player often (not always) ends up at the school. Part of the reason they might do that is that they don't want to have other teams try to fashion their recruiting pitches as sort of anti-UK. If a program knows Kentucky's involved it's going to be all about prying the player away from Calipari. Same with Duke and Kansas and so on. They might not want to get into that mess.

Spot on. UK and the Blackshear camp are keeping this under wraps. Cal did in fact meet with them on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
                He should announce he will be going to UK and then enter the draft. That will guarantee him staying in and being drafted lol.
                Ah, the old 35 days-and-done.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Ah, the old 35 days-and-done.
                  You laugh, but Hami almost stayed in the draft after spending 1 semester in the program.
                  When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Richards isn't going anywhere unless him and his girlfriend break up. She's on the volleyball team.
                    I don't know why, but it really annoys me when this gets thrown about like she's some sort of anchor.

Comment

I don't know why, but it really annoys me when this gets thrown about like she's some sort of anchor.
                      Because literally everyone that talks about Richards mentions this as one of the biggest reasons he'll stay UK.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Because literally everyone that talks about Richards mentions this as one of the biggest reasons he'll stay UK.
                        Right. And I think this is vastly overstated.

Comment

Right. And I think this is vastly overstated.
                          For some guys it is, but In Richards' case, it doesn't seem to be.

Comment

I think the reason people talk about that is because Richards is such an unusual character when it comes to UK basketball players. His social media and stuff seems so...normal. It doesn't appear at first glimpse that he has the drive that you see most of these other phenoms have, so it serves to reason that he might not mind playing his entire career at UK.

That said, there aren't many guys RIchards' size on planet Earth. His family has to be aware that he has a huge lottery ticket there just based on how big he is. You have to search out the best possible situation for a kid like that, and it might not be UK. A redshirt year might be good for somebody like Richards, because these big men in the NBA aren't just big, they're brutes. Richards can't play like that, and obviously he needs a ton of skill work. A year off might do him good.

I hope he doesn't go that route. I think he could be a solid back-up and I'd love to have his experience.

Comment

Rivals says that Blackshear is leaning toward keeping his name in the NBA Draft and is okay with spending some time in the G-League.

https://www.nationofblue.com/rivals-...blackshear-jr/

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X