Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Kentucky's Name Comes Up Again in Federal Corruption Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighthouse
    replied
    If there is a contract with signatures, that would be easy to prove.

Leave a comment:

• 85 Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    An assistant today alleged Sean Miller was giving Deandre Aston $10k a month.
    Allegedly $100K contract, $10k a mo

Leave a comment:

• TrueblueCATfan
    replied
    ^ if this is true he should be fired

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    An assistant today alleged Sean Miller was giving Deandre Aston $10k a month.

Leave a comment:

• Catatonic
    replied
    "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."

[Andre McGee's Uber whizzes by]

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
    It's not exactly incompetence.
    Sure, but that's what everyone's being asked to believe/accept - that it's one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Catsrock
    replied
    It's not exactly incompetence. These guys know the rules. And most of them (apparently not Sean Miller) know they are better off telling their staff to "get me the best players out there and don't tell me how you did it." Plausible deniability goes a long way in a polygraph. If you said you don't want the details then you didn't know the details.

Probably no program out there was filthier than UL under Jurich. But that doesn't mean all of them aren't involved in the plausible deniability game and getting players who got $ from someone.

Leave a comment:

• surveyor
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

It came out yesterday that Rick Pitino might not have known what was going on at Louisville (at least regarding the adidas stuff).

That's hard for me to believe but that's what was alleged. It was the first hint of vindication for Pitino in this whole mess.
    Obliviousness in what went on in his program isn't vindication, IMO. It's reinforcement that he can't be trusted to run a program. It becomes a question of corrupt or incompetence. Neither are complimentary.

Leave a comment:

• J.Jennings
    replied

It came out yesterday that Rick Pitino might not have known what was going on at Louisville (at least regarding the adidas stuff).

That's hard for me to believe but that's what was alleged. It was the first hint of vindication for Pitino in this whole mess.
    I know some will give me some backlash for this but i just don't think Pitino would have been directly involved with payoffs, especially the Adidas stuff, i just think he is way smarter than that. What happened with and Karen will always be between Pitino and his wife, things happen whether it's right or wrongin the real world afterhours having drinks. Even the whole Hooker deal i suspect Pitino may have heard about this but it's not like Rick was on campus in the dorm getting his freak on with the players, again i don't believe Pitino would call the shot to have Hookers entertain new recruits, just don't believe that.

As for the Adidas stuff, that arrow points at Jurich(family on adidas payroll) and i firmly believe that Jurich would do whatever it would take to land recruits and stay competitive at all cost. Pitino has the mentality that "i can outcoach anyone" whether it's with a group of 2 stars or a bunch of 5 stars. I do believe Cal and Kentucky put pressure on Rick to recruit better players but Rick's ego would never allow him to bow down to 5 star kids who think they know it all, Rick was burnt a few times one the one and done route and i think he prefers players he can develop over two to three years and learn his system..

Anyways, Rick may end up walking out of this alive...

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. Cal, Sandy, et al can't possibly know what all the players their families and boosters are doing at any given time.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dillon
    replied
    It wouldn't surprise me. Cal, Sandy, et al can't possibly know what all the players their families and boosters are doing at any given time.

Leave a comment:

• Los Gatos
    replied
    This time it's as financial advisor Marty Blazer was testifying.

Blazer testified that Christian Dawkins claimed that Kentucky, Duke, and Carolina all had money men who were "willing to pay whatever's necessary" for Zion Williamson.
    Sound like hear-say. Objection your honor.

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky's Name Comes Up Again in Federal Corruption Trial

This time it's as financial advisor Marty Blazer was testifying.

Blazer testified that Christian Dawkins claimed that Kentucky, Duke, and Carolina all had money men who were "willing to pay whatever's necessary" for Zion Williamson.

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky's Name Comes Up Again in Federal Corruption Trial

Collapse
Working...
X