Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC to Allow Alcohol Sales

Per every SEC writer on Twitter.

It will be up to the schools themselves to enforce this. UK could still choose not to go along with the ruling.

Good. Should've happened a long time ago.

With that said, Mitch was always against it, so I'm guessing UK will opt out. Ridiculous, because people who want to drink are going to drink before, after, and sneak it in during. They might as well profit.

Comment

Liability. I would say these days someone buying from the stadium then something goes wrong will open up a big can of issues.

Comment

Can’t see it happening this season in football. Since Rupp already has the ability to sell it, might happen this year. SEC tourney will Katie bar the door.

Comment

The only problem I had during the 30 years I had football season tickets was with fans, usually from the opponent, who were drinking. But it was obvious with UK fans to.
          John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
            Liability. I would say these days someone buying from the stadium then something goes wrong will open up a big can of issues.
            It’s amazing the 7,000+ sporting events annually that sell alcohol somehow survive without “drunks” ruining it.

Some of the responses to this are truly baffling to me. Just unbelievably odd thoughts people have about the anarchy and chaos that will happen if beer is sold at UK events.

Comment

Really interested to see what UK will decide. I think the money will win out , though, and might I remind how steep the steps in the upper arena of Rupp are???

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

It’s amazing the 7,000+ sporting events annually that sell alcohol somehow survive without “drunks” ruining it.

Some of the responses to this are truly baffling to me. Just unbelievably odd thoughts people have about the anarchy and chaos that will happen if beer is sold at UK events.
                Explain to me what is outlandish stating we live in a law suit crazy country and the University will have to balance out income against liability and get back with me on that.

There won't be any more or any less drunks. It'll be if the University wants to take the liability of letting it be sold at a University function.
                I'm sure the lawyers are drawing contracts for vendors now.

Comment

Explain to me what is outlandish stating we live in a law suit crazy country and the University will have to balance out income against liability and get back with me on that.

There won't be any more or any less drunks. It'll be if the University wants to take the liability of letting it be sold at a University function.
                  I'm sure the lawyers are drawing contracts for vendors now.
                  His point (and it's a good one) is that a large percentage of sporting events sell alcohol and have for years, and the measly number of lawsuits haven't stopped it. There's no reason to think that it will be any different for Kentucky, or the SEC as a whole.

Not selling alcohol at games is flushing revenue down the toilet, and for what? A holier-than-thou attitude?

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Obviously this statement is made by someone who doesn't care about the elderly and children attending these events and how "drunks" act. It's bad enough now when they can only sneak it in, and will only get worse when it's sold. Bad language probably doesn't bother some, but it's offensive to others, especially Ladies and Children. If a person decides they have to have alcohol to enjoy a game, that's a decision for them to make, but I don't now or every will approve of it! And that's a decision I have the privilege to make.
                    John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

His point (and it's a good one) is that a large percentage of sporting events sell alcohol and have for years, and the measly number of lawsuits haven't stopped it. There's no reason to think that it will be any different for Kentucky, or the SEC as a whole.

Not selling alcohol at games is flushing revenue down the toilet, and for what? A holier-than-thou attitude?
                      Read my statement again please.
                      I'm mentioning possible litigation, not religion.
                      I believe I also stated the number of drunken fans will likely be the same. Maybe I didn't.

Comment

Read my statement again please.
                        I'm mentioning possible litigation, not religion.
                        I believe I also stated the number of drunken fans will likely be the same. Maybe I didn't.
                        I addressed your comment about litigation, initially. My theory is that the majority of people against it don't care about lawsuits; they're offended because it goes against their moral standard -- same for gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                          Bad language probably doesn't bother some, but it's offensive to others, especially Ladies and Children.
                          You obviously have never met my wife lol

Comment

Mitch may try to find some middle ground by allowing it at football games but not basketball games. I am not even sure if he is the person with the final say in this matter. Does he have the final say?

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
                              Mitch may try to find some middle ground by allowing it at football games but not basketball games. I am not even sure if he is the person with the final say in this matter. Does he have the final say?
                              As it pertains to Kentucky, I would assume so.

Comment

SEC to Allow Alcohol Sales

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X