Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers

I've never liked the Lakers OR the superteam concept but I cannot hate a team with 3 former Cats. AD, Big Cuz and Rondo getting together in LaLa land.

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
    I've never liked the Lakers OR the superteam concept but I cannot hate a team with 3 former Cats. AD, Big Cuz and Rondo getting together in LaLa land.
    I heard this on the news tonight. I wonder how they'll get along with LaBron?
    John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

I heard this on the news tonight. I wonder how they'll get along with LaBron?
      Don't know how the supporting cast will turn out but I think they'll get along fine with LeBron. He's not a selfish star.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
        LeBron. He's not a selfish star.
        Is there a sarcasm button I am missing here? He is THE selfish star. There is plenty of narcissism to go around in professional sports but he is in the pantheon of all-time selfish stars.
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Is there a sarcasm button I am missing here? He is THE selfish star. There is plenty of narcissism to go around in professional sports but he is in the pantheon of all-time selfish stars.
          Don't know about the locker room but that's not true at all on the court. Arguably the best passer of the post-Magic era.

You could make a case that LeBron could have more titles if he were more selfish. With Cleveland he always wanted to distribute too much.

Comment

And I'm still not sure the Lakers have the shooting to be a legitimate title threat. But if Davis and LeBron both stay healthy they'll be right there.

If Westbrook goes to the Rockets as rumored then they might be the favorites. Right now I'd still have to say the Clippers. I hated that Shai was shipped to OKC and won't be around for what should be a special year for the Clips.

East will be more interesting. Boston and Milwaukee probably out in front, but the Pacers will be interesting to watch.

I also think this might be the year Minnesota makes a move? You'd think it's coming at some point.

Comment

As a Celtics fan who hates the Lakers, my dream was for Rondo Davis and Cousins to be in Boston, not LA. Lakers will be good but are capped out, will fill out the team with older vets on minimum deals. Another big question is can Rondo and Davis stay healthy, can Cousins get back to his old self, will former Cats live up to Lebron throwing everyone under the bus when things don't go his way???

Anyways, i am thrilled the NBA finally has PARITY again, really no Superteams just one two punches, it's wide open...
              I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                And I'm still not sure the Lakers have the shooting to be a legitimate title threat. But if Davis and LeBron both stay healthy they'll be right there.

If Westbrook goes to the Rockets as rumored then they might be the favorites. Right now I'd still have to say the Clippers. I hated that Shai was shipped to OKC and won't be around for what should be a special year for the Clips.

East will be more interesting. Boston and Milwaukee probably out in front, but the Pacers will be interesting to watch.

I also think this might be the year Minnesota makes a move? You'd think it's coming at some point.
                Would not surprise me if Ainge sets his sights on KAT..
                I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Don't know about the locker room but that's not true at all on the court. Arguably the best passer of the post-Magic era.

You could make a case that LeBron could have more titles if he were more selfish. With Cleveland he always wanted to distribute too much.
                  No... check his numbers. He is a great passer to be sure, but that doesn't mean he is a pass first player or that he isn't totally self-serving in his approach to the game. He touches the ball more than anyone else on his team and brings the ball up more than anyone else and yet his assist rate is the same as or worse than Russel Westbrooks. He also takes about the same or more shots per game than Kobe.

He publicly undermine's teammates (he will with AD too). He publically undermine's coaches. (Spoelstra, Blatt, and Walton). He is functionally the GM, (at which he sucks) and he gets teams in a bind with terrible contracts for role players and then LeBron bails leaving the franchise trashed.

He also runs his mouth about being the greatest player ever. (which he isn't)

So... in sum, He takes too many shots, he loafs on defense for the past several years, and he passive-aggressively undermines his franchise, coaches, and teammates... SELFISH PLAYER.
                  Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Still like my Celtics, adding Kemba and Kanter with Tatum Brown Smart and Hayward, we still good. Also like the fact we added Tako Fall and that lil dude Edwards from PURDUE who scorches the nets, that's Eddie House 2.0. Still hate the Grant Williams pick and would have rather had Herro instead of Langford, hoping R. Williams from MISS. State can become that old SEC guy we loved to hate....

Comment

Going to say this, Anthony Davis was my favorite player until the way things went down in NEW ORLEANS. To let all that out during the season trying to force his way to the Lakers because he and Lebron share agents to showing up the last game in New Orleans with a "that's all folks" shirt on, dissappointed in Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis did not need Lebron and i think it will overshadow his legacy, K. Leonard sets the example of being "his own man" like the old players did back in the day, you don't join the enemy, you try to destroy them instead...

As for Cousins, i liked that dude and supported him over the years giving him the benefit of the doubt but he's a big cry baby, he did something in a game this year that made it clear it was time to wash my hands with him, grow up and play basketball.

Comment

Spiritof96 bringing the heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

No... check his numbers. He is a great passer to be sure, but that doesn't mean he is a pass first player or that he isn't totally self-serving in his approach to the game. He touches the ball more than anyone else on his team and brings the ball up more than anyone else and yet his assist rate is the same as or worse than Russel Westbrooks. He also takes about the same or more shots per game than Kobe.

He publicly undermine's teammates (he will with AD too). He publically undermine's coaches. (Spoelstra, Blatt, and Walton). He is functionally the GM, (at which he sucks) and he gets teams in a bind with terrible contracts for role players and then LeBron bails leaving the franchise trashed.

He also runs his mouth about being the greatest player ever. (which he isn't)

So... in sum, He takes too many shots, he loafs on defense for the past several years, and he passive-aggressively undermines his franchise, coaches, and teammates... SELFISH PLAYER.
                          IMO almost every single word of this is wrong, but I will admit I only watch LeBron in the playoffs so I concede that I'm no expert. Just in playoff basketball with the Cavs, Heat, and Cavs again, James is the best player I've ever seen play the game. I don't see anything selfish about him...but that's a small sample size, I admit.

And I will absolutely give you the undermining coaches thing. But he's far from the only NBA player who does that. One of our favorites, Boogie, has done it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                            Spiritof96 bringing the heat!
                            It's a very Bill Simmons-esque heat.

A lot of that stuff is nearly word for word what Simmons says about him. The thing is though, Simmons is paid for the hot take. A lot of those guys have silly opinions.

Off-topic, but I loathe the sports talk show. I used to like Pardon the Interruption and the like, but as I've gotten older I find it all intolerable. ESPN is this weird miasma of nonsense.

That said, the NBA has become more popular than ever I think because ESPN spends so much time on the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Comment

Reality TV killed the television show/series, the talk shows, and also...the news.

I can't imagine that I will ever have cable again although I would like to be able to watch the games a little more easily. Haven't had it since at least 2011. My television has been in its box since 2014.

Comment

Lakers

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X