Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

It's shocking to me though they haven't gotten top free agents because the incredible history there should be a draw as much as climate. Something must be off in the front offices there.
    As crazy as this may sound, my theory on why a lot of players don't want to be in Boston besides the weather is because of Ainge and that 80's era of the whiteboy Boston Celtic teams as much as i hate to admit that, nobody wants to walk in the shadows of Bird, may be a idle to some but for many not. Once players get there and see the support of the fan base and the love from the fans, it's different, players realize it's a great place to play, kind of like the Kentucky Wildcats in many ways...
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      I kind of think Kemba Walker is a star. Not on an AD level, but he's become a force in the league. He was definitely one of the top three or four free agents.

I took the whole Kyrie thing as a problem mostly with Ainge and Stevens than Boston itself.

But if you look at their roster, they would have to be right there near the top of the East in terms of talent. I'd probably put them second behind Milwaukee.

I actually think Durant being out and the Golden State thing being broken up is good for the league. As others have said it's more wide open this year. With Durant healthy then you might as well have just penciled in Golden State. That's not very fun and while I agree in the free market idea that these guys should do what's best for them, the NBA is great when you've got multiple teams vying for a title--a la the '80s and '90s.
      Kyrie reminded me of why i hate Duke first and foremost but that problem was much deeper than that. Kyrie is a entitled star, he wants to do things his way, he wants franchise control like Lebron, in Boston that's not happening. Brad went from team coaching to coaching around a star and i believe Brad was hesitant to challenge Kyrie to be hones.. Still the deciding factor for Kyrie was he wanted to CHOOSE where he played and that was home, he didn't want his career to be based off who drafted him or where he was traded, it was his first time in his career having a choice of where he wanted to play and that was home, Brooklyn. Really not mad at him for that but also glad he's gone, he's a highlight reel with the ball but he can't stay healthy and too many stand around and watch while he's dribbling on offense....

Anyways, i agree about Kemba, glad he came to Boston and yes he is a star, known that since watching him carry UCONN to a title. Also agree about KD, league is now more balanced and wide open as ever if the Lakers have a few good years, it will soon be over...
      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I think it is more that a few stars don't want to play in Boston. AD being one of them.

I get the sense that the Celtic fan base is perceived as a little bit too white, provincial, and mean for some. I think the treatment of Isaiah Thomas didn't go unnoticed either.
        I think AD would have loved to play in Boston but he and Lebron share the same snake agent, that is where all the problems came from , the tampering, the leaking he wanted out, the LA unionship, etc. If was the league, i would fine his agent Millions or i would have blocked the trade to LA the same way they did the Chris Paul to LA trade years ago...

Comment

I'm guessing the Lakers pick up Kyle Korver to help their shooting touch.

Or is he too old?
          Last edited by Catsrock; 07-09-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
            I kind of think Kemba Walker is a star. Not on an AD level, but he's become a force in the league. He was definitely one of the top three or four free agents.

I took the whole Kyrie thing as a problem mostly with Ainge and Stevens than Boston itself.

But if you look at their roster, they would have to be right there near the top of the East in terms of talent. I'd probably put them second behind Milwaukee.

I actually think Durant being out and the Golden State thing being broken up is good for the league. As others have said it's more wide open this year. With Durant healthy then you might as well have just penciled in Golden State. That's not very fun and while I agree in the free market idea that these guys should do what's best for them, the NBA is great when you've got multiple teams vying for a title--a la the '80s and '90s.
            What about the talent in Philadelphia?

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post

What about the talent in Philadelphia?
              What about the bench and guard play, losing JJ Reddick coming off screens will hurt that team. They are the biggest team in the league now but Embid still sits to preserve his knees and Horford is age 33, still not sold on Philly...

Comment

And Jimmy Butler is gone. As is Simmons shooting touch. They had top picks year after year. Simmons and Embiid have worked out out but Noel and Fultz not so much.
                Last edited by Catsrock; 07-10-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Since we are talking about the NBA, there are alot of teams that are doing great things imo. Dallas has a great young core, Phoenix, Utah, Portland, Denver, the list goes on and on. I do think the Lakers will have a good year or two possibly but the league is wide open, as much parity and balance that i can remember in a very long time now. I think the Big 3 Era is over, no one wants to be the 3rd wheel, it's a one two punch from here on out...

Comment

I'm happy for the AD/Cousins reunion (Pelicans)...I'm not a huge NBA follower (I watch summer league to see the college kids then don't circle back until NBA finals), but this season I will be tuning in to the Lakers/Clippers match-up. I have been watching Kawhi Leonard since his days at San Diego State...he put SDSU on the map and more mid-level kids in Northern CA have committed to the program over the years...two from the HS in my area.
                    Last edited by 85 Fly; 07-23-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Surprised not to see this posted on here yet. Yesterday it was announced that Cousins had suffered a tear of his ACL on the left side. This is three serious injuries in about a one year period, and frankly I don't see how he comes back from it .

I think he will play some more on solid teams, but his time of being an All-Star caliber player probably are over...and it really stinks badly. He's only 29.

My second favorite player from this era.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                        Surprised not to see this posted on here yet. Yesterday it was announced that Cousins had suffered a tear of his ACL on the left side. This is three serious injuries in about a one year period, and frankly I don't see how he comes back from it .

I think he will play some more on solid teams, but his time of being an All-Star caliber player probably are over...and it really stinks badly. He's only 29.

My second favorite player from this era.
                        Boogie is one of my favorite players too. Best wishes to him as he undergo's surgery and rehab.
                        John 3:3

Comment

I remember the “coaches’ clinic” from fall 2009. Suffice it to say there were a few WCN members in attendance, each of us ~ 10 years younger. Among the stand out memories included is Cousins’ foot work during the agility drills. His shoes cried in pain and Darius Miller worked to best his times...he was special.

He never learned to completely avoid the goading but imo was a darn good guy above it all.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                            I remember the “coaches’ clinic” from fall 2009. Suffice it to say there were a few WCN members in attendance, each of us ~ 10 years younger. Among the stand out memories included is Cousins’ foot work during the agility drills. His shoes cried in pain and Darius Miller worked to best his times...he was special.

He never learned to completely avoid the goading but imo was a darn good guy above it all.
                            Can we only imagine what he would have been like if he had returned for a second year at Kentucky. WOW.
                            John 3:3

Comment

Cousins gets married one day, next day TMZ supposedly has some raw audio footage of him on tape threatening to put a bullet through his baby mamma's head, BIG CUZ needs to some guidance and counseling, the roosters have came home to roost, Karma is real, his world is crashing....

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
                                Cousins gets married one day, next day TMZ supposedly has some raw audio footage of him on tape threatening to put a bullet through his baby mamma's head, BIG CUZ needs to some guidance and counseling, the roosters have came home to roost, Karma is real, his world is crashing....
                                Not a good look for Boogie. I'm worried about him when he's done playing and nobody has a financial interest in his well-being.
                                When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Lakers

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X