Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

UK Pro Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
    In all reality, could this be the year?
    I would be surprised. I think Kentucky's got some holes this year. Young, soft inside unless things radically change, not a ton of depth, some real questions when you get to the back end of the rotation, etc.

On paper it looks like a team that could struggle a bit...but I will agree that the field itself looks about as weak as I've seen it in many a year. So many guys left early. That means UK will have a chance to be a contender, but I would be surprised if we looked like one until late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I would be surprised. I think Kentucky's got some holes this year. Young, soft inside unless things radically change, not a ton of depth, some real questions when you get to the back end of the rotation, etc.

On paper it looks like a team that could struggle a bit...but I will agree that the field itself looks about as weak as I've seen it in many a year. So many guys left early. That means UK will have a chance to be a contender, but I would be surprised if we looked like one until late in the season.
      No doubt we will have growing pains against veteran teams but i think this team gets it together. I think Hagans has potential to dominate college basketball this year, he's put in some serious work over the summer to his body as well as his jump shot, i also think he will be much more mature and the game will be slower for him...
      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

No doubt we will have growing pains against veteran teams but i think this team gets it together. I think Hagans has potential to dominate college basketball this year, he's put in some serious work over the summer to his body as well as his jump shot, i also think he will be much more mature and the game will be slower for him...
        Speaking of Hagans.

Kyle Tucker has written about him extensively today. I tend to think if Kentucky can consistently get the Hagans we saw through December/January, then it'll be a contender. But he was only that player for <10 games; otherwise he was at best okay.

I thought his performance against Auburn was arguably the worst performance by a UK starter in the Calipari era. You can never say a player single-handedly got you beat but Hagans was so unbelievably bad that it might fit in his case for that particular game.

Comment

Speaking of Hagans.

Kyle Tucker has written about him extensively today. I tend to think if Kentucky can consistently get the Hagans we saw through December/January, then it'll be a contender. But he was only that player for <10 games; otherwise he was at best okay.

I thought his performance against Auburn was arguably the worst performance by a UK starter in the Calipari era. You can never say a player single-handedly got you beat but Hagans was so unbelievably bad that it might fit in his case for that particular game.
          I think he was good early on until he hit that wall and then he let a little bit of fame go to his head, was never the same after that. I am glad he realized this and committed to coming back working harder to get better, could have of pulled a Vanderbilt on us and left..

I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Speaking of Hagans.

I imagine he's heard this truth a lot and I hope that's what motivated him to do the hard work mentioned. Hagan's has the talent to lead us this year and I'm anxiously waiting to see if he does.

John 3:3

Comment

I am thrilled Hagans is still with us. But unless his shot is improved there will little reason for any defense to give him anything but the Briscoe treatment. That hurts our spacing terribly.

Comment

Think he's considerably better than Briscoe. Briscoe got to the point where he couldn't hit a free throw. Hagans isn't a terrible shooter.

I tend to think his problems last year went beyond that. He really had trouble scoring when he took any contact at all. And in the Auburn game his defense was abysmal; gambled way too much.

Comment

Speaking of Hagans.

No question Hagans was not good in that game. But he didn't do it alone. Tyler Herro was at least equally bad.

Comment

Trust me when i tell you, seeing Sestina flourish and excel gives me the goose bumps, i am tired of putting all my stock into so called highly rated one and done's who look good smell good but taste like crap and fold out each and every March to some other team who has 1 star shooters shooting lights out and killing us in the tournament. When we do get those guys ( Wiltjer Willis Harrellson Hawkins Mliller type ) everybody jumps on the he's not UK material he can't do this he can't do that instead of supporting a kid and standing behind him. Count me in as someone who's exicted for Sestina and i hope he makes alot of UK fans eat a whole lot of crow this season......
                    It is even worse when people don't support kids in college and say they aren't UK material because they aren't going to be NBA all-stars.

Comment

Immanuel Quickly out here putting in work

Comment

Think he's considerably better than Briscoe. Briscoe got to the point where he couldn't hit a free throw. Hagans isn't a terrible shooter.

I tend to think his problems last year went beyond that. He really had trouble scoring when he took any contact at all. And in the Auburn game his defense was abysmal; gambled way too much.
                        He has bulked up considerably. Hopefully that bodes well for finishing plays this season.
                        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

In all reality, could this be the year? I normally don't say these things but looking at the landscape of college basketball and what we have and what others do not have, i think this is our year folks, i believe that. You get Nick Richards doing what we need him to do and people hitting shots, look pretty good on paper if you ask me...
                          I agree JWorld but I will be watching Michigan State, Memphis and Duke closely...
                          Also that Louisville team won't win it all, but I am concerned about our rivalry game when I look at the existing pieces they still have and the incoming pieces.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

UK Pro Day

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X