Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Michigan St. Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all fairness to Nick, one practice in 10 days and Cal says that no way he should have played 25 minutes.
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Don’t know if it is bad or ugly material but we leave shooters wide open in the corner and when someone drives into the lane, we have two guys go for the block which allows for a easy pass to a open man. Hopefully this is just something that will get better with playing time. Overall a good game for the Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
        Don’t know if it is bad or ugly material but we leave shooters wide open in the corner and when someone drives into the lane, we have two guys go for the block which allows for a easy pass to a open man. Hopefully this is just something that will get better with playing time. Overall a good game for the Cats.
        Isn't that just "ball line defense"?

Kidding, cause I hate that...
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

I'm not sure the traditional idea of "starters" applies to this team. There are seven guys that will be getting major minutes, and Maxey will obviously be on the court when it matters.

Comment

Seeing Maxey and Sestina work the two man game last night reminded me of Knight and Jorts. I think we will see that action a lot this year with a pick and pop.

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
              Seeing Maxey and Sestina work the two man game last night reminded me of Knight and Jorts. I think we will see that action a lot this year with a pick and pop.
              If we could find a big man who could score in the paint it would really help Sestina. As it is they guard him really tightly when he flattens out off those ball screens. Having an interior player who's dangerous offensively would give Sestina another option instead of just shooting it (he isn't going to drive in most instances against hardly anyone). He could catch the ball off the flatten and then immediately dump it into the paint, where the big would have just one guy to score against. If he makes a couple and they have to double, and that's when Sestina can start to get clean looks from three.

Of course if we can't find anybody who can score in close we're going to see really tight defense on our perimeter guys all year. We might have no one except Maxey who can make plays against that sort of defense. This is why an unbalanced team is a problem offensively and it's what was happening a lot with Ulis and Murray that year.

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised that we won that game, but you said it Will none of the teams looked good last night...we got lucky, and I feel a little better now than how they performed in the exhibition games.
                I'm with you tho Will a weak or willowing E.J. or Nick is not going to get it. and Hagans got stop missing those bunnies!!! But a win-is-a-win. And Maxey reminded me of that exciting night when Malik Monk took over at the UNC game.

Comment

Richards was bad, slow to the boards, not even making the effort to get in there on some play at all. Saw him get pushed out of the way about half dozen times.Maybe he was hurt but fellas he was bad last night. He is the best ,heck only , center we have and it is and will continue to be a large chasm in our lineup. Love our guards love the way theses young guys got after it. That said if Mich St is best team in college basketball I will eat your hat. I’m thrilled with the win but I’m not ready to hang a banner just yet. Finally relieved we don’t play Memphis this year. Watched them play and Wiseman could be an Anthony Davis once a decade kind of player. He reminded me of the first time I saw Pat Ewing play. They will be real contenders for a title this year.

Comment

Eh, Richards wasn't that bad. Defended pretty well, particularly on that pick and roll. Hit that tough hook shot. Hit free throws. Ran the floor a couple of times.

Decent showing for a guy who hadn't practiced and wasn't totally healthy. Certainly not a disaster.

But also not the type of game where you could say we have a brand new Nick Richards. He was serviceable.

Comment

And this is why he's in the game.....

Seth Greenberg

@SethOnHoops
                      ·
                      19h
                      Nick Richards
                      @KentuckyMBB
                      ballscreen defense was tremendous last night. You can’t simulate his size and length in your preparation. He showed big with high hands and took away all vision for Winston and still recovered on the pass. If he can make some jump hooks watch out.
                      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

I don't know about you folks but i can't wait to get another dose of Maxey. The college basketball world took notice and it's very possible for this kid to come out next and have a bad game, also very possible all this praise gives him the big head. Personally i do not think that is the case at all, i think this kid is self motivated and driven, i think he plays with a purpose, i think the fact his father is struggling really drives him and puts him on another playing field. When the time comes down the road and it's a huge game and we need a scorer, this is our guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          Eh, Richards wasn't that bad. Defended pretty well, particularly on that pick and roll. Hit that tough hook shot. Hit free throws. Ran the floor a couple of times.

Decent showing for a guy who hadn't practiced and wasn't totally healthy. Certainly not a disaster.

But also not the type of game where you could say we have a brand new Nick Richards. He was serviceable.
                          That may be enough.
                          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I hope Tyrese Maxey got a look at what Cole Anthony did last night and took it as a challenge.

It might come down to Wiseman, Maxey, or Anthony as the player of the year. Hopefully Maxey can have the sort of season where we don't see one of those freshmen lulls. He has the body to do it for sure. Built like a football player.

Comment

NOTHING worse than "daggers in the eye balls" and "cowlicks that won't lay down" by gawd!!!!

Comment

“cowlicks that won’t lay down” is about as McCreary County as you can get.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Michigan St. Edition

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X