Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

James Wiseman Ruled Ineligible

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • James Wiseman Ruled Ineligible

    Just saw it on KSR, they are alleging that Penny Hardaway acted as a booster and helped Wiseman move to Memphis during his high school career.

    You know...they should have made this determination before the season began. I think that aspect of the situation is run of the mill for the NCAA.

  • #2
    Hahaha. Can’t help but laugh at this.

    Comment


    • #3
      not gonna lie.....I laughed but I do feel sorry this kid

      Comment


      • #4
        A transcendent,Anthony Davis like talent. College basketball loses , NBA gains. This info has been out there for a couple of YEARS, why NCAA just now ruling, I call BS

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jload View Post
          This info has been out there for a couple of YEARS, why NCAA just now ruling, I call BS
          Yep! They let him play in one game and strung him along to think he has been cleared, simply so they could make money off of him. It isn't right to do that to him and his family.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

            Yep! They let him play in one game and strung him along to think he has been cleared, simply so they could make money off of him. It isn't right to do that to him and his family.
            How does the NCAA make money off of him in the single game he has player? Was that game even on TV?

            In any case, it reminds me of the old saying about don't attribute to malfeasance what can easily be explained by incompetence.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, he has helped the NCAA advertise the season, they did have a televised game which they won, they sold season tickets based on James being on the team and eligible, they have made a splash in college basketball and have a sizable preseason ranking.

              It hasn't been Zion-esque but he absolutely has made a difference already. That difference has helped produce profits.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

                How does the NCAA make money off of him in the single game he has player? Was that game even on TV?

                In any case, it reminds me of the old saying about don't attribute to malfeasance what can easily be explained by incompetence.
                I hope I don't come off as though I'm supporting the wrongdoing that is here...I am annoyed that the NCAA would allow him to play at all. This is not new information.

                As for the issue of incompetence and malfeasance, there's probably some of each at play here. I would think that Penny "guaranteed" some recruits when he made a pitch for the job, and you know Wiseman had to be a part of why they hired him and the timing of such.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

                  I hope I don't come off as though I'm supporting the wrongdoing that is here...I am annoyed that the NCAA would allow him to play at all. This is not new information.

                  As for the issue of incompetence and malfeasance, there's probably some of each at play here. I would think that Penny "guaranteed" some recruits when he made a pitch for the job, and you know Wiseman had to be a part of why they hired him and the timing of such.
                  I didn't get that impression. As usual the NCAA is a joke. If this kid had come to UK, all this would be worked out a long time ago and he would be fine. Hardaway and Memphis are getting what they deserve at the expense of Mr Wiseman.
                  John 3:3

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How dare Wiseman get some help making ends meet. It’s time to burn the NCAA down and start over.
                    When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well well well, what do we have here?
                      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They got an emergency restraining order that allows him to play tonight.
                        John 3:3

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's also reported that Penny donated money to Memphis, and as a donor he helped Wiseman before he became coach. I think that's the way it was reported. Anybody else hear it?
                          John 3:3

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He'll be eligible next week for Duke or UNC. Immediate waiver granted. Memphis May have to reimburse the ACC for loss of revenue for the first 2 games.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                              It's also reported that Penny donated money to Memphis, and as a donor he helped Wiseman before he became coach. I think that's the way it was reported. Anybody else hear it?
                              Penny gave $11,500 for moving expenses before Wiseman's So. And Jr. Years. Penny was classified a Memphis booster before he became coach.... hence the ineligibility. I doubt the NCAA rules him eligible.

                              Comment

                               

                              A Word From Our Founder

                              With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                              James Wiseman Ruled Ineligible

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X