Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville falls

To Texas Tech, final 70-57.

Louisville's offense is a major problem. Can't see them making a serious run in March with how they struggle to score.

Defensively they're more than capable.

Comment

And Texas Tech was without their leading scorer

Comment

They just out toughed UL. This seems to be the Chris Beard way. He is one heck of a coach and one that players love to play for. Once Cal's time is done here, you can add him to Brad Stevens as the guys I want.
        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
          They just out toughed UL. This seems to be the Chris Beard way. He is one heck of a coach and one that players love to play for. Once Cal's time is done here, you can add him to Brad Stevens as the guys I want.
          Not ready to commit to Billy Gillispie 2.0 just yet lol lol

Also notice how i did not comment on this thread and say or mention you know who's name
          I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
            Interesting you say this.

I said last year around this time that I thought the next coach at UK would be Chris Holtmann.

Couple reasons. One, I hear he's kind of a Brad Stevens type when it comes to X's and O's. And second, he's from Kentucky. Think he'd have a good sense of the meaning of the program.

Well, looking at Ohio State and how powerful they've been this year solidifies that for me. If I had to bet, he'd be the main guy they targeted.

But Beard is obviously somebody you'd have to look at as well. I also think Mark Turgeon is an interesting possibility, and you'd have to at least give a call to Tony Bennett. The style would obviously irk the crap out of UK fans but you couldn't just dismiss him without giving him a look.

Comment

If Nick continues his pace and Ashton can keep hitting those jump shots, we are going to be fine, especially with EJ starting to evolve. I said before the season this was our year and then we took a L to Evansville and i had to eat crow and crawl in a hole but don't look now, like the improvement we have made the past few games.....
              I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Interesting you say this.

I said last year around this time that I thought the next coach at UK would be Chris Holtmann.

Couple reasons. One, I hear he's kind of a Brad Stevens type when it comes to X's and O's. And second, he's from Kentucky. Think he'd have a good sense of the meaning of the program.

Well, looking at Ohio State and how powerful they've been this year solidifies that for me. If I had to bet, he'd be the main guy they targeted.

But Beard is obviously somebody you'd have to look at as well. I also think Mark Turgeon is an interesting possibility, and you'd have to at least give a call to Tony Bennett. The style would obviously irk the crap out of UK fans but you couldn't just dismiss him without giving him a look.
                Honestly, i do not have the time to watch enough college basketball as a whole to really know who's who anymore. Yes of course i know about Stevens and a few other top coaches but the young guns i do not have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

Honestly, i do not have the time to watch enough college basketball as a whole to really know who's who anymore. Yes of course i know about Stevens and a few other top coaches but the young guns i do not have a clue.
                  Holtmann coaches Ohio St. He was born in Nicholasville and went to Jessamine County High. Ohio St. has dismantled virtually everybody they've played and are pretty clearly the best team in college basketball so far.

The issue as we all know with Kentucky hiring a coach who doesn't have sustained success is that you have no idea if that guy is ready for this type of program, or if the success he had at his past school was fool's gold. We obviously went down that road with Gillispie.

But Gillispie had way more issues than coaching. I feel like that was probably a really flukish thing.

However, many other programs (football and basketball) have hired young coaches only to find they caught lightning in a bottle at their previous stop and they're really not as good as those one or two teams made them look. You always would rather have somebody who's had multiple successful seasons rather than just a couple.

But on the flip side of that, it's interesting to think about what a young coach could do here.*

* Holtmann is eight years older than I am, so calling him "young" is pleasing to me. I'm going to keep doing it every chance I have.

Comment

On a side note, the basketball Gods was with me today. A builder of mine stopped in today and i said let's go next door and get some lunch. Sitting at the bar i noticed a gentleman across the bar sitting at a table who looked familiar but could not put a finger on it. All of a sudden it hit me, it was the Dan the man Issell. As he was leaving and passing me by i looked up at him and said "Go Big Blue", he smiled and patted me on the back and keep on moving, made my day

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Louisville falls

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X