Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Olivier Sarr Thread (UPDATE: NCAA Rules Sarr Eligible, SEC Hasn't Yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Olivier Sarr Thread (UPDATE: NCAA Rules Sarr Eligible, SEC Hasn't Yet)

Alright, we have a new player in the transfer portal.

Seven foot rising senior Olivier Sarr. Averaged 14, 9, and 1 block last year. He's a native of France and was lightly recruited, but has progressed every year.

He would have to get an immediate eligibility waiver to play right away next year. Also, he's being recruited heavily to return to Wake Forest, but I don't know if that's out of the question or not.

There’s no good reason for him to stay at Wake. Literally nothing he wants to accomplish is going to happen for him there.

He’s going somewhere. Will it be UK? You have to hope his initial comments weren’t anything major, and that he sees we check every box. That doesn’t always matter, though, so who really knows.

Regardless, I don’t think I’m overstating things when I say this is one of Cal’s most important recruiting battles he’s faced at Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
      Regardless, I don’t think I’m overstating things when I say this is one of Cal’s most important recruiting battles he’s faced at Kentucky.
      Arguably the most important given what a glaring void we have in the frontcourt next season.

Like with Haarms, I feel like if we get this guy and he's healthy and is able to be on the floor for 30+ minutes a night, Kentucky should have a contender. If you don't get him then things look very rough.

His age, how he's improved during his career, and most importantly his fit with this particular team are pretty much perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Arguably the most important given what a glaring void we have in the frontcourt next season.

Like with Haarms, I feel like if we get this guy and he's healthy and is able to be on the floor for 30+ minutes a night, Kentucky should have a contender. If you don't get him then things look very rough.

His age, how he's improved during his career, and most importantly his fit with this particular team are pretty much perfect.
        He’s everything we need.

Every. Single. Thing.

Comment

He’s everything we need.

Every. Single. Thing.
          He’s everything inside of us that we wish we could be.
          Save sports: wear a darn mask

Comment

He would be the finishing touch on a great class, but he has said if he gets a waiver he'll stay in college.
            John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

He’s everything inside of us that we wish we could be.
              I wonder if he says all the right things at exactly the right time?
              Great song btw.
              Last edited by Blue Heaven; 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM.
              Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                He would be the finishing touch on a great class, but he has said if he gets a waiver he'll stay in college.
                A waiver will be if-e. Likely depends on WF. If they support the waiver, I expect it will be granted, otherwise not. Problem is the NCAA will likely not make a decision until fall. He may not be willing to wait in limbo that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

Problem is the NCAA will likely not make a decision until fall. He may not be willing to wait in limbo that long.
                  Right, Los Gatos. The NCAA moves slow under normal circumstances and what we're going through now is anything but normal.
                  Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Right, Los Gatos. The NCAA moves slow under normal circumstances and what we're going through now is anything but normal.
                    But, with things slowed down they should have more time to spend on things like this. But this is the NCAA and Kentucky is involved.
                    John 3:3

Comment

He’s everything we need.

Every. Single. Thing.
                      BINGO! Saw him versus Clemson and he's all that. He would be a HUGE pickup!

Comment

More and more I read about this kid, the more I like him, keeping my fingers crossed...

Comment

Sarr is officially in the portal and UK has contacted him.

Comment

Interesting quotes today from new Wake head coach Steve Forbes today regarding the recruitment of his best player.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200505-213209.png
Views:	610
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	230770Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200505-213224.png
Views:	613
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	230771

Comment

^ You would think if that was something that was extremely important to him he wouldn't have put his name into the transfer portal in the first place.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Olivier Sarr Thread (UPDATE: NCAA Rules Sarr Eligible, SEC Hasn't Yet)

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X