Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Olivier Sarr Thread (UPDATE: NCAA Rules Sarr Eligible, SEC Hasn't Yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
    I hope K. Brooks has hit the weights, don't want to hold my breathe on Sarr
    Sarr's a center. Brooks played mostly at the 4 last year and some 3. If we're hoping Brooks can fill in in the middle we're doomed.

It'll be Jackson or Ware I would imagine if Sarr is ineligible and in that case we're probably doomed too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Sarr's a center. Brooks played mostly at the 4 last year and some 3. If we're hoping Brooks can fill in in the middle we're doomed.

It'll be Jackson or Ware I would imagine if Sarr is ineligible and in that case we're probably doomed too.
      Will have to go small ball, no other way around it if Sarr is ineligible. My biggest fear is that if we don't have basketball this year, a very good recruiting class gets wasted, i want to see what the new kids can do. Still ticked about this year to be honest, our team was on the rise and was ready to make noise, to bad we will never know...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

Will have to go small ball, no other way around it if Sarr is ineligible. My biggest fear is that if we don't have basketball this year, a very good recruiting class gets wasted, i want to see what the new kids can do. Still ticked about this year to be honest, our team was on the rise and was ready to make noise, to bad we will never know...
        Believe going Brooks at the 5 would probably be too small. I thought he struggled a little guarding 4's last year.

I sort of think it'll be Ware because of his length. Cal loves shot-blocking.

Comment

Believe going Brooks at the 5 would probably be too small. I thought he struggled a little guarding 4's last year.

I sort of think it'll be Ware because of his length. Cal loves shot-blocking.
          I like shot blocking too, my favorite part of the game. Still like a 3 and dunk but love shot blockers especially when it's sent to the 5th row which isn't good for the team but great for fans...

Comment

• I've got a weird feeling we may hear something soon on this but I have nothing to go by but my gut.

Comment

I've got a weird feeling we may hear something soon on this but I have nothing to go by but my gut.
              Only if they’re trying to rush out decisions because of the furlough. If they don’t, then we may not hear anything for another couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Only if they’re trying to rush out decisions because of the furlough. If they don’t, then we may not hear anything for another couple of months.
                ‘Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.’

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

I'm not sure the furloughs will impact this decision. They've handed down a handful of decisions after the furloughs were announced.

Comment

• So this is becoming quite the long wait. I hate to be Mr. conspiracy theorist, but I cannot help but think that the NCAA is at least in part trying to call his bluff regarding the draft. Well, unfortunately for all of us, the draft has been moved back yet again to November.

Comment

• And as a crazy Kentucky fan, at this point I am thinking that not only can we no longer recruit quality big men, We have difficulty retaining the ones that we do sign, and now also we cannot achieve eligibility for quality big men who do choose to transfer here. It seems as though all three doors or at least partially closed to our program at this time. From big man-U to our current state in just a few years.

Comment

• Jay Bilas just called on Twitter for the NCAA to grant Sarr (and a couple of other players) a waiver.

Comment

• On Dick Vitale's Twitter an unnamed NCAA source says that the hold-up on Sarr could be that UK didn't submit the waiver request in a timely manner, or they're waiting for more information.

I can see it being a waiting on more information thing. Because they have to check out what was going on at Wake Forest, they might be trying to ascertain a timeline there--and maybe get a couple of affidavits.

Comment

On Dick Vitale's Twitter an unnamed NCAA source says that the hold-up on Sarr could be that UK didn't submit the waiver request in a timely manner, or they're waiting for more information.

I can see it being a waiting on more information thing. Because they have to check out what was going on at Wake Forest, they might be trying to ascertain a timeline there--and maybe get a couple of affidavits.
                            This was actually a response from Adam Zagoria's Twitter after Dick Vitale posted a video urging the NCAA to move on the Sarr situation.

@AdamZagoria
                            NCAA source on Sarr: ‘Delays are typically due to a lack of timely document production. Often we ask and the reply is slow in being sent. May be the issue here.’

Comment

• Rumor is that Saar has the waiver from the NCAA. The holdup is that the SEC has a rule that an undergraduate transfer has to have 2 years of eligibility or sit out a year. So he would also need a waiver from the SEC.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/9/21...les-basketball

Comment

• This sounds like good news...but I don't 100% trust Vitale. I love the guy but he can be a bit erratic. Seems like he's blurted out stuff on Twitter that's been wrong before.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official Olivier Sarr Thread (UPDATE: NCAA Rules Sarr Eligible, SEC Hasn't Yet)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X