No announcement yet.

Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately once again politics have came knocking at our front door. Players on social media are reading comments from UK fans of all sorts and it ain't all good, who knows what this means for the future in regards to recruiting etc....

Comment

• Per Matt Jones... this is the mother of a very important football recruit. Players, recruits, & their families see your comments.

If you honestly love Kentucky sports... choose your words carefully. Your hatred is going to damage Kentucky sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
        Per Matt Jones... this is the mother of a very important football recruit. Players, recruits, & their families see your comments.

If you honestly love Kentucky sports... choose your words carefully. Your hatred is going to damage Kentucky sports.
        JJ, what hatred are you talking about? Outside of the political forum, I've seen very little hatred here on WCN.
        John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

JJ, what hatred are you talking about? Outside of the political forum, I've seen very little hatred here on WCN.
          Mother of a UK football player was saying this today. Not here sir,other outlets...

Comment

• Big Blue Nation, I know some of you are upset with Keion’s comments regarding Rupp Arena. Let me tell you he’s a very smart person and a very conscientious young man. However you feel about what he said, my hope is you show him the respect that all of our/your players deserve.

My job is to make sure all of our players are educated on all that goes along with Coach Rupp’s name and we are going to walk through that. My plan is to get former players on a Zoom with our current guys so they can ask those players directly about Coach Rupp.

My focus has been on everything going forward, which is why we hadn’t addressed it. As I’ve said before, give these players the benefit of the doubt. If you’re unhappy with anything, be unhappy with me, not a 19-year-old who is walking through these really difficult times. I love you all.

Cal's hand being forced and all he wants to do is Coach play games and help others reach there goals. He has helped many yet stuck in the middle..
            Last edited by J.Jennings; 08-28-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Some of our older guard needs to accept that America is changing, for better or worse, and that our players are going to be more vocal and outspoken. And as long as they're respectful, that's their right as Americans. We should respect their right to speak out or protest, whether or not we agree with them. And, goodness gracious, stay OFF their social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

Mother of a UK football player was saying this today. Not here sir,other outlets...
                I didn't know. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                  Some of our older guard needs to accept that America is changing, for better or worse, and that our players are going to be more vocal and outspoken. And as long as they're respectful, that's their right as Americans. We should respect their right to speak out or protest, whether or not we agree with them. And, goodness gracious, stay OFF their social media.
                  Absolutely.

Comment

• I have no problem with people exercising their right of freedom of speech and I have no problem with differing opinions. If I did, I couldn't come on here everyday. Perhaps, young Mr. Brooks should have said I don't know enough about coach Rupp or the name change situation (which he did) to give an opinion at this time and let it went at that. But then, he is a teenager who was thrust into a huge spotlight.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...a-name-change/
                    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 08-29-2020, 06:09 AM.
                    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

Some of our older guard needs to accept that America is changing, for better or worse, and that our players are going to be more vocal and outspoken. And as long as they're respectful, that's their right as Americans. We should respect their right to speak out or protest, whether or not we agree with them. And, goodness gracious, stay OFF their social media.
                      I can get down with speaking out. If you do that though, you better know damn well what you are talking about and not just regurgitate the narrative. With that being said, these people who say they will never watch the Cats again? Well good riddance because when you get down to it, you would be locked in your home if you tried to not patronize/spend your money on things you disagreed with. That is just too much work to do to even know where to begin. And I will add it's just about impossible.
                      Last edited by Blue Heaven; 08-29-2020, 06:28 AM.
                      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

I can get down with speaking out. If you do that though, you better know damn well what you are talking about and not just regurgitate the narrative.
                        This can be said for people on both sides of the spectrum.

We all can do better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                          I have no problem with people exercising their right of freedom of speech and I have no problem with differing opinions. If I did, I couldn't come on here everyday. Perhaps, young Mr. Brooks should have said I don't know enough about coach Rupp or the name change situation (which he did) to give an opinion at this time and let it went at that. But then, he is a teenager who was thrust into a huge spotlight.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...a-name-change/
                          I think this was the case.

He started off well, but then, like nineteen year olds are wont to do, he added his two cents, which contradicted his original line of thought.

Fans should give him a break. He's a kid, who currently feels a huge societal weight, aside from basketball.

Comment

I think this was the case.

He started off well, but then, like nineteen year olds are wont to do, he added his two cents, which contradicted his original line of thought.

Fans should give him a break. He's a kid, who currently feels a huge societal weight, aside from basketball.
                            Totally agree. I like Brooks. By all accounts he is a good young man. Heck of a ball player as well. Let he who never stuck his foot in his mouth as a youngster cast the first stone.
                            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Cal's statement on Brooks:

"#BBN, I know some of you are upset with @KeionB_12's comments regarding@Rupp_Arena. Let me tell you he’s a very smart person and a very conscientious young man. However you feel about what he said, my hope is you show him the respect that all of our/your players deserve. My job is to make sure all of our players are educated on all that goes along with Coach Rupp’s name and we are going to walk through that. My plan is to get former players on a Zoom with our current guys so they can ask those players directly about Coach Rupp. My focus has been on everything going forward, which is why we hadn’t addressed it. As I’ve said before, give these players the benefit of the doubt. If you’re unhappy w/anything, be unhappy with me, not a 19-year-old who is walking through these difficult times. I love you all."

I hope our fans understand how lucky we are to have both Cal and Stoops leading our young men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

Totally agree. I like Brooks. By all accounts he is a good young man. Heck of a ball player as well. Let he who never stuck his foot in his mouth as a youngster cast the first stone.
                                Well said, BH.
                                Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X