No announcement yet.

Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tear it all down and erase all history, more liberal bs, have not missed sports AT ALL including Kentucky basketball, sick of it all.. I will say this, this virus is smart as hell, you protest tear up a city and burn things down you are immune,, you go shopping or to work to feed your family it's a problem, but liquor stores are okay.

Straight out of the Rockefller playbook, Operation Lockstep,,, don't be a sheep!!!!

How do you delete a account on this site?
    Last edited by J.Jennings; 07-25-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
      Just tear it all down and erase all history, more liberal bs, have not missed sports AT ALL including Kentucky basketball, sick of it all.. I will say this, this virus is smart as hell, you protest tear up a city and burn things down you are immune,, you go shopping or to work to feed your family it's a problem, but liquor stores are okay.

Straight out of the Rockefller playbook, Operation Lockstep,,, don't be a sheep!!!!

How do you delete a account on this site?
      I think you need to take a chill pill, Will.

Your rear-end will be parked right in front of the television the first time the ball is tipped or kicked off in a UK game, and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
        My understanding was that Rupp was more racially progressive for the times than he’s given credit for.

In general I think there’s a distinction between celebrating someone in spite of their faults and celebrating someone because of them the way we do with confederate relics. I am not aware of Rupp being involved with the pro-segregationist movement or campaigning against civil rights.

I do recall a story of him telling a black player that he couldn’t guarantee his safety in other sec gyms and that’s why he didn’t offer him a scholarship.
        I'm not sure about this but that black player could have been either Wes Unseld or the kid from Breckenridge County who's name I can't remember, although I believe he offered both and they decided against it. Rupp did all he could to protect Tom Payne, but all sites were brutal.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

I think you need to take a chill pill, Will.

Your rear-end will be parked right in front of the television the first time the ball is tipped or kicked off in a UK game, and you know it.
          The fact that Calipari was pandering and had Bill Clinton on a poadcast a few months ago kind of did it in for me, the same Bill Clinton tied with Epstein and all the innoncent children caught up in the sex traffing of young girls, this is bigger than basketball and best believe i will never bow to no one but God...

Give you a example..

Caliapri walks into a gym with one scholarship to give. Two players but can pick just one. Both run a 4.2 in a 40, both jump out of the gym with a 45 vertical, both 4.0 students, both 6'7 both average 30/10/5, everything the same expect one is this one is that, who does he pick?

Comment

Morgan Freeman said it best, stop talking about it. Stop creating this narrative that many of us have nothing to do with, people are tired of being called racist because we all don't agree on every issue.

Like i said this virus one smart highly educated disease, it can prick and choose when and when not to spread,gotta make that mail in voting mandatory at all cost.....

Comment

Caliapri walks into a gym with one scholarship to give. Two players but can pick just one. Both run a 4.2 in a 40, both jump out of the gym with a 45 vertical, both 4.0 students, both 6'7 both average 30/10/5, everything the same expect one is this one is that, who does he pick?
              If you have proof of the players you're talking about in this situation, I'm open to listen. Otherwise, you're making stuff up, and it's absurd and borderline offensive.

I almost tuned out of your post completely when you brought up Epstein/Clinton, because that in itself shows exactly what you're about and your agenda.

Comment

The fact that Calipari was pandering and had Bill Clinton on a poadcast a few months ago kind of did it in for me, the same Bill Clinton tied with Epstein and all the innoncent children caught up in the sex traffing of young girls, this is bigger than basketball and best believe i will never bow to no one but God...

Give you a example..

Buddy, if you’re up in arms about Clinton and Epstein, wait til you see the other presidents he has known...
                Save sports: wear a darn mask

Comment

Folks, there has been good discussion here, but it's going South quick. If it continues this thread is headed to another forum.
                  John 3:3

Comment

The arena name will likely be up to someone other than the University at the end of the day. Holding folks accountable in some way for what their great great grandfathers MIGHT have done is a dangerous trail. That can lead to .....well...bad things.

As to Will's statement that Rupp could have been a visionary.....well....remembering what I can from the 60s
                    And reading a lot of articles, he would probably have been an unemployed visionary given the state of race relations in the SEC and unwillingness of the University to go anywhere else.

Comment

He was a "visionary" in his field of employment. The fast break, trapping out of the 1-3-1 defense, his ability to recruit in an out of state.

He was a prodigious, visionary level talent.

Comment

I kinda think Central Bank will step in and offer another $500k or something For naming rights to the whole thing. Just makes the whole problem go away.

Comment

I kinda think Central Bank will step in and offer another $500k or something For naming rights to the whole thing. Just makes the whole problem go away.
                          Not really.

People won't buy that for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Not really.

People won't buy that for a second.
                            No but some people are going to complain the whole way through regardless.

Comment

No but some people are going to complain the whole way through regardless.
                              And there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                                Folks, there has been good discussion here, but it's going South quick. If it continues this thread is headed to another forum.
                                When a topic such as this exists, in these times, locking it away in a forum not many know about is a bit much. Keep this topic up on here. It deserves to be.
                                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X