Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    If you want to discuss the original reason for this thread, please do. BUT, leave out any political discussion Please. There is a place for that.
    How is it possible to discuss the OP without any political discussion? The name change and the reasons for it are social/political.

I understand having the locked and hidden political board for general politics and soapbox shouting, but this is a political issue that is totally connected to UK basketball and BBN. It's a special case and should stay where it is despite the inherently political and divisive content. You can still moderate and enforce the "civility" rules.
    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

How is it possible to discuss the OP without any political discussion? The name change and the reasons for it are social/political.

I understand having the locked and hidden political board for general politics and soapbox shouting, but this is a political issue that is totally connected to UK basketball and BBN. It's a special case and should stay where it is despite the inherently political and divisive content. You can still moderate and enforce the "civility" rules.
      I watched the Penguin Jerry Nadler do the same thing to AG Barr yesterday, he drilled him and told him how bad of a job he was doing but would not let the man speak, same thing here it seems. If we want to talk about racism, racist Nadler did the same thing to Candace Owens at a Congressional hearing, the masta would not let the black woman even speak. These people are the real racist who divide and trigger emotions every 4 years by using the term racism and then arms the left media to push the agenda.

What blows my mind is why are we trying to destroy the greatest country in the world? It is not perfect, yes we have flaws but the good by far outweighs the bad. What is the solution? I don't have all the answers but i do believe followers of God do not believe in racism, so maybe that is a good place to start as long as KING ANDY doesn't make it against the law to worship.

Anyways, this whole Rupp Arena issue is nothing new, Kentucky fans been accused of being a racist fanbase for years anyways.....
      Last edited by J.Jennings; 07-29-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

I watched the Penguin Jerry Nadler do the same thing to AG Barr yesterday, he drilled him and told him how bad of a job he was doing but would not let the man speak, same thing here it seems. If we want to talk about racism, racist Nadler did the same thing to Candace Owens at a Congressional hearing, the masta would not let the black woman even speak. These people are the real racist who divide and trigger emotions every 4 years by using the term racism and then arms the left media to push the agenda.

What blows my mind is why are we trying to destroy the greatest country in the world? It is not perfect, yes we have flaws but the good by far outweighs the bad. What is the solution? I don't have all the answers but i do believe followers of God do not believe in racism, so maybe that is a good place to start as long as KING ANDY doesn't make it against the law to worship.

Anyways, this whole Rupp Arena issue is nothing new, Kentucky fans been accused of being a racist fanbase for years anyways.....
        There is so much going on in this post that I disagree with I dont even know where to start.

You are a good guy and you're passionate, JWORLD, but a large portion of this is nonsensical rambling.

Comment

Unfortunately, i do not think any of this will matter, we are not going to see basketball at all in my opinion, to many variables and too much has happened, to many lawsuits waiting to happen, it's just a total mess at this point. If you go back and look at the Rockefeller playbook in 2010, they called it OPERATION LOCKSTEP. No one wants to get caught up in conspiracies but sometimes when there is smoke there is fire, same people selling the fear the same people selling the vaccine but while we are distracted in the streets fighting and bickering amongst ourselves, nobody paying attention to what's really going on, crazy evil world we live for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

There is so much going on in this post that I disagree with I dont even know where to start.

You are a good guy and you're passionate, JWORLD, but a large portion of this is nonsensical rambling.
            You know what friend, we all different points and have different views and that's okay, that is what makes us who we are. I would advise you to go back and watch Candace Owens at the hearing and look at how they treated that woman, a black woman who is highly educated and very intelligent yet they won't even let her speak, talk about the irony and hypocrisy of it all.

Now if you think it is okay to loot riot and destroy property then hey, that is your right. If you just want to do away with the law and rules and live in a 3rd world country, then that is your right. I can't say that all cops are good, yes of course we all know that guy in high school who lost the girl or had his butt kicked a few times then decided to become a police officer to get revenge with hidden agenda's , it is not right but it is a reality. We also know that unfortunately we do have some racist people in this world and some will never change, all we can do is pray for them but still cannot live our own life trapped in box worrying about those type of people on a day to day basis, if we do they actually win...

Bottomline, agree disagree i put it out there and we all have to figure it out on our own. I can sit here and say my best friend my best man in my wedding was a black man or that a musician whom i have recorded and engineered for over 20 years is a black man but that is a typical cop out, it proves nothing. I do not even like to say the term African American or black American, how about just American, hell we was all born here right? You don't think i haven't had white people frown at me in the past because i have black friends?

Comment

Big question, if the NBA bubble works, does the NCAA look at that try to figure something out? Who get's in who doesn't? I just don't see college basketball in the near future at all..

Comment

JWORLD, please keep the politics out of this thread, take it too the political forum. If you’re speaking on Rupp Arena being renamed, fine, but otherwise take it to the PF

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                  JWORLD, please keep the politics out of this thread, take it too the political forum. If you’re speaking on Rupp Arena being renamed, fine, but otherwise take it to the PF
                  So changing the name of Rupp Arena is not a agenda that has nothing to do with basketball?

Comment

I am asking you to understand that the extracurriculars in your posts, which have nothing to do with Rupp, are not appropriate for this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                      I am asking you to understand that the extracurriculars in your posts, which have nothing to do with Rupp, are not appropriate for this forum.
                      Fair enough Matt. I say this to you, client of mine is best friends with the Mayor of Lexington, things get out of hand in Lexington watch how fast that you know what gets shut down. Unfortunately for John Calipari depending on how this goes, he will be forced to pick a side whether he likes it or not, this also a problem for him. I know Cal is all about marketing pandering and selling to draw recruits with golfing events with Obama podcast with Clinton but at the same time, he has put himself in a box in some ways, he can't run from this issue either, wish he would just stay out of politics himself. For all the great things he has said about Adolph Rupp he will either have to backtrack it all and look like a hypocrite caving to the mob or defend Rupp, either way he is in a bad spot.

Get your popcorn ready, just saying!!

Comment

Big question, if the NBA bubble works, does the NCAA look at that try to figure something out? Who get's in who doesn't? I just don't see college basketball in the near future at all..
                        It's logistically impossible to keep unpaid college students on a campus in a bubble.

Pros do it because it's their profession and they're being paid accordingly.

I do agree that college basketball aint happening if the country stays on the course it's on.

Comment

Fair enough Matt. I say this to you, client of mine is best friends with the Mayor of Lexington, things get out of hand in Lexington watch how fast that you know what gets shut down. Well unfortunately for John Calipari depending on how this goes, he will be forced to pick a side whether he likes it or not, this also a problem for him. I know Cal is all about marketing pandering and selling to draw recruits with golfing events with Obama and podcast with Clinton but he is putting himself in a box in some ways, he can't run from this issue either. For all the great things he has said about Adolph Rupp he will either have to backtrack it all and look like a hypocrite caving to the mob or defend Rupp, either way he is in a bad spot.

Get your popcorn ready, just saying!!
                          Cal is a classic Catholic democrat, but I've never seen him be overbearing with his political opinions. He had Clinton on his podcast and played golf with Obama because they were former presidents. I dont agree with most republicans politically, but I'd gladly play golf with any former GOP prez, as it would be an honor. (Trump is the exception, but only because I find him to be morally and ethically reprehensible, as opposed to any ideological differences).

To my knowledge Cal hasn't "run" from this issue. He hasn't even brought it up.

Comment

It's logistically impossible to keep unpaid college students on a campus in a bubble.

Pros do it because it's their profession and they're being paid accordingly.

I do agree that college basketball aint happening if the country stays on the course it's on.
                            All of this is frustrating to say the least, everything about 2020, politics divide virus the whole thing is a mess. At the end of the day, i am not sure if i really want to know the truth, the more you look the more you find so many agenda's it's a crazy out of control world to say the least..

Comment

All of this is frustrating to say the least, everything about 2020, politics divide virus the whole thing is a mess. At the end of the day, i am not sure if i really want to know the truth, the more you look the more you find so many agenda's it's a crazy out of control world to say the least..
                              The truth is usually simple.

COVID-19 is real. While many will experience mild symptoms, it has killed many, and will kill many more. We have been betrayed by our leadership, which has used partisanship and a campaign of misinformation to make a political warzone. It doesn't help that our country is full of stubborn, arrogant and ignorant lemmings who refuse to listen to science. This is why America is so woefully behind the curve in comparison to other countries.

Theres your truth.

But anyway... about Rupp. It would seem that the topic has disappeared from the public discourse in the past few days.

Comment

Cal is a classic Catholic democrat, but I've never seen him be overbearing with his political opinions. He had Clinton on his podcast and played golf with Obama because they were former presidents. I dont agree with most republicans politically, but I'd gladly play golf with any former GOP prez, as it would be an honor. (Trump is the exception, but only because I find him to be morally and ethically reprehensible, as opposed to any ideological differences).

To my knowledge Cal hasn't "run" from this issue. He hasn't even brought it up.
                                I just hope and pray Cal stays out of it but i am afraid that this mob will turn on your even if you support it, it's crazy...

Well technically speaking, i voted for Clinton and Obama once but people change. I am independent conservative Christian but also liberal in many ways. I didn't like Trump when he had a TV show, thought he was A hole but i do think he changed and i do like most of his policies, economy was booming prior to pandemic and most loved him before he became president but that is a conversation for another day.

Off topic but the government is going to be releasing data on the UFO sighting in the upcoming weeks, makes you think why we now have a space force lol lol lol

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Rupp Arena: To Change The Name Or Not?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X