Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Considering a Bubble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have the damn season like you always do. If you are susceptible to illness stay home. My wife and I are both recovering from corona. For us it was an inconvenience at worst. They took our kids out of school for 24 days! Of course I know I am in a lonely place with this opinion but I seem to be more and more. ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
      Just have the damn season like you always do. If you are susceptible to illness stay home. My wife and I are both recovering from corona. For us it was an inconvenience at worst. They took our kids out of school for 24 days! Of course I know I am in a lonely place with this opinion but I seem to be more and more. ๐Ÿ˜
      Donโ€™t think weโ€™re to the point where we can just proceed as if nothing is happening. 190,000 have died from this. Things are definitely better though than they were back in the middle of summer.

Comment

Will I am of the mindset that many have died from it and many more have died with it. There is a difference. However I am not an expert and I won't'get into the political side of this issue. You are correct we can't act as if nothing is happening because there is too social pressure. Also Andy make sure everyone knows'how horrible it is on a daily basis. ๐Ÿ˜€

Comment

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
          Will I am of the mindset that many have died from it and many more have died with it. There is a difference. However I am not an expert and I won't'get into the political side of this issue. You are correct we can't act as if nothing is happening because there is too social pressure. Also Andy make sure everyone knows'how horrible it is on a daily basis. ๐Ÿ˜€
          You have COVID now? How long do you think it was appropriate to keep your kids out of school?

Comment

Everyone has different times. CDC and local health dept I think are saying 14 days. School system is saying 24 so it's 24.

Comment

If you are asking me personally I don't really know. They are checked daily to see if They have fever/symptoms etc. I would guess 14'days would be long enough if they are symptom free. Which they are. Just makes it hard because our babysitter is in her 70s and wants to wait until they go back to school. Luckily my wife's job is flexible and she can work from home some. If she couldn't then we would be in a bind.

Comment

Agree that 24 seems way excessive.

Comment

Disney will host eight events in its bubble, including the Champions Classic, which UK is set to participate in.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....etball-events/

Comment

Considering the expenses of this setup, I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple games. Calipari had mentioned a round-robin schedule.

Potentially brutal for this team, especially if Sarr isn't cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                      Considering the expenses of this setup, I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple games. Calipari had mentioned a round-robin schedule.

Potentially brutal for this team, especially if Sarr isn't cleared.
                      If they round robin the Champions and round robin the thing in Atlanta, there's a potential UK could play one of its toughest schedules ever before Christmas. You might see them coming into the New Year with a couple of pretty tough L's, maybe more.

One thing the pandemic has done is (potentially) accomplished something I've thought for years college basketball needs to do: get rid of all these paycheck/gimme games and make high-level D1 teams play other high-level D1 teams early in the season.

Comment

I think the amount of those games certainly needs to drop some, but also I think scheduling some of the smaller schools can be important to providing opportunity for big name upsets as well...and that is part of what makes college basketball special. I think itโ€™s important for programs like UK to face quality teams, but especially with the transfer market being what it is it is difficult to project what some of these smaller schools will be.

The monetary importance of the NCAA tournament forces schools to pad the schedule some, much in the way UKโ€™s non SEC football schedule has been vital to making bowl games a common occurrence. Just a ton of money at stake

Comment

The Maui Invitational will be played in...Asheville, North Carolina.

Naturally.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

College Basketball Considering a Bubble?

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X