Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Payne Thread (UPDATE: Knicks Hire Payne, UK Hires Flint and Lucas)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Lucas landed Greg Brown at Texas and was one of the lead recruiters on Mo Bamba.

    I read that Flint was going to be an X and Os guy and Lucas will be a lead recruiter with Justus and Barbee.

    As a matter of fact, ditch Barbee and get O back.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
      Lucas landed Greg Brown at Texas and was one of the lead recruiters on Mo Bamba.

      I read that Flint was going to be an X and Os guy and Lucas will be a lead recruiter with Justus and Barbee.

      As a matter of fact, ditch Barbee and get O back.
      Pronto. You know who we landed when Coach O was here? Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, et al.

      I really don't care about his head coaching shadiness anymore. The NCAA is a joke and their hypocritical definition of amateurism means nothing.

      Bring in Jai, welcome back Coach O, and let's start pulling top fives like Devin Booker pulls 10s.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
        Lucas landed Greg Brown at Texas and was one of the lead recruiters on Mo Bamba.

        I read that Flint was going to be an X and Os guy and Lucas will be a lead recruiter with Justus and Barbee.

        As a matter of fact, ditch Barbee and get O back.
        I like the way you think.


        John 3:3

        Comment


        • #49
          All these years later and here we are once again trying to recruit Jai Lucas to Kentucky, lol.

          Sounds like it'll work out this time though.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Catatonic View Post
            All these years later and here we are once again trying to recruit Jai Lucas to Kentucky, lol.

            Sounds like it'll work out this time though.
            If we add Vinny Zollo the staff will be complete.

            Also, you know you are getting old when you get this joke.
            Save sports: wear a darn mask

            Comment


            • #51
              If we hire him I'm going to have to figure out how to pronounce Jai.

              Somebody told me back in '07 but I've forgot.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                If we hire him I'm going to have to figure out how to pronounce Jai.

                Somebody told me back in '07 but I've forgot.
                Isn’t it “eye” with a “J” in front?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

                  Isn’t it “eye” with a “J” in front?
                  I thought the guy who cleared this up a decade ago said it was "Jay" but a lot of things have happened since then, notably our signing of Konner Tucker.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

                    If we add Vinny Zollo the staff will be complete.

                    Also, you know you are getting old when you get this joke.
                    I assume Lucas and Patterson are still a package deal.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                      I thought the guy who cleared this up a decade ago said it was "Jay" but a lot of things have happened since then, notably our signing of Konner Tucker.
                      That’s sort of coming back to me now that you mention it. Actually, I think I may have read a throwback Matt Jones post recently about Lucas/Patterson that might’ve mentioned the name thing. Jones shared it for some reason.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                        Lucas landed Greg Brown at Texas and was one of the lead recruiters on Mo Bamba.

                        I read that Flint was going to be an X and Os guy and Lucas will be a lead recruiter with Justus and Barbee.

                        As a matter of fact, ditch Barbee and get O back.
                        I agree with ditch Barbee and bring back O. And yes, he really helped Coach Smart land some recruits the last few years.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Kentucky finalizing deal to bring Jai Lucas to UK.

                          https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/8/24...all-uk-recruit

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Meh....

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              The Lucas hire is official as of today. The more I've learned, the more I think it's a great move that will begin to pay off immediately.

                              In the long-term, it isn't hard to read between the lines: Jai will hold his current title until Joel Justus inevitably takes a head coaching job, which most expect will happen within the next year or two. At that time, Lucas will slide into Justus's current role as our main man on the recruiting trail. If everything I've heard is true, he may very well be an upgrade (perhaps a significant one) over Justus when that time comes.

                              We have every reason to feel good about this hire -- so much so that I'm second-guessing myself for thinking the Flint hire signaled Cal's impending exit. You don't bring in a guy with Lucas's recruiting prowess/reputation unless you're making a long-term investment in the program.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                                The Lucas hire is official as of today. The more I've learned, the more I think it's a great move that will begin to pay off immediately.

                                In the long-term, it isn't hard to read between the lines: Jai will hold his current title until Joel Justus inevitably takes a head coaching job, which most expect will happen within the next year or two. At that time, Lucas will slide into Justus's current role as our main man on the recruiting trail. If everything I've heard is true, he may very well be an upgrade (perhaps a significant one) over Justus when that time comes.

                                We have every reason to feel good about this hire -- so much so that I'm second-guessing myself for thinking the Flint hire signaled Cal's impending exit. You don't bring in a guy with Lucas's recruiting prowess/reputation unless you're making a long-term investment in the program.
                                At the very least it shows how powerful of a program Kentucky is.

                                To take a guy from a power conference team who was an on-the-bench assistant and bring him in as a recruiting specialist is pretty crazy. Probably only UK, Duke, and maybe Kansas could pull off something like that.

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                Kenny Payne Thread (UPDATE: Knicks Hire Payne, UK Hires Flint and Lucas)

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X