Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-2021 College Basketball Season to Begin on November 25th

This was the news yesterday afternoon.

I have a hard time believing they'll play in 2020. I think they could in 2021 with some time to set up bubbles.

I think they'll definitely play games between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Comment

If the kids want to play with the proper protection,I think we'll see games after Thanksgiving or no later than January.
      John 3:3

Comment

Calipari talking right now about whether or not we'll have a season, and he says we "have to have" an NCAA Tournament. But he frames it in an interesting way: we have to have the tournament, he says, because college basketball has to help save low-/non-revenue sports that are being eliminated all across the country.

I haven't heard anyone frame the play/not play debate like that.

Comment

Speaking of Cal, he just wished my good friend and his wife a Happy 50th anniversary the other day via skype zoom or whatever he was on, i thought that was pretty cool..

I am ready for basketball but if our Governor and media keeps hyping up Covid on a daily basis, how greedy and selfish is it for us to want basketball and to take the risk?

Comment

The NCAA will propose November 25th as the start date of the 2020-2021 season.

Per Jon Rothstein's Twitter.

Comment

It’s official: the 2020-2021 season will begin on November 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                It’s official: the 2020-2021 season will begin on November 25th.
                Great news. Any further word on schedule changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Great news. Any further word on schedule changes?
                  No exhibitions.

Also the maximum number of games is 27 if you're playing in a multiple-team event. There will only be one multiple-team event allowed, which means that the bubble thing in Atlanta is probably the one Kentucky's going to be in. I imagine the Champions Classic will only be a one-game deal as it has been in the past.

Comment

The fact that they're allowing 25-27 games means that there's no way everything is in a bubble. There will have to be multiple non-conference games in Rupp Arena as well to fill out that schedule.

So I'd still expect Louisville and a group of mid-majors to be part of the schedule outside the (at least) two bubble events in Atlanta and Disney.

Comment

Thanks. It's going to be an interesting season. Can't wait to see this team play. GO CATS!!!

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

2020-2021 College Basketball Season to Begin on November 25th

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X