BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM

I May be alone on this but I regret Cal came out in support of this organization. Maybe everyone here was trying to ignore this topic. Pretty shocked its not here already.

I believe NCAA coaches that recruit black players have to show support regardless of their true feelings.

Comment

I think Cal and the players are sliding with the sentiment, more than the actual organization.

Comment

Also, it's been discussed plenty in our political forum. Come join us.

Comment

Kinda hard for coaches who are connected with kids from underprivileged areas to not have a statement. Whether Calipari or the players are in lockstep with the claims different folk state BLM stands for, (and there are several), equal opportunity and equal treatment under the law should be universal goals.

just a bit surprised there seems to be more consternation in the base over Calipari and the basketball team than there seemed to be with CMS and the football team.

Comment

We probably should have put up a thread earlier. It's a tricky issue but nonetheless it's important.

I am 100% in support and feel like the way Kentucky handled it was very tame, all things considered. (Both the football walkout and the basketball video.) We have to allow these players to be more than just (unpaid) robots who perform for our entertainment.

We probably need to chill a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Westtncat View Post
              I May be alone on this but I regret Cal came out in support of this organization. Maybe everyone here was trying to ignore this topic. Pretty shocked its not here already.
              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
                I believe NCAA coaches that recruit black players have to show support regardless of their true feelings.
                I agree, but it isn't an act with Coach Cal.

Saw him speak at a book signing several years ago. About 300 rabid fans there to hear about the upcoming basketball season. Calipari spent most of the night talking about generational poverty and how so many of his players and recruits were struggling to give their families a chance out of that life.

Comment

If you have true feelings that don't match with what black players and their families feel, you probably shouldn't be in this business.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    If you have true feelings that don't match with what black players and their families feel, you probably shouldn't be in this business.
                    Ask Ed Orgeron.

Comment

Originally posted by Catatonic View Post

I agree, but it isn't an act with Coach Cal.

Saw him speak at a book signing several years ago. About 300 rabid fans there to hear about the upcoming basketball season. Calipari spent most of the night talking about generational poverty and how so many of his players and recruits were struggling to give their families a chance out of that life.
                      Yeah well when he first came to Kentucky he was also at the Shelbyville Country Club giving a good ol boy speech, hell i know i was there. Still, i think he is a pretty good dude but he's going to lean more to folks who recruits to help him win basketball games although i do believe he is passionate about helping these kids better there life situations...

Comment

I believe black lives matter just like I believe white lives matter and yellow lives matter and red lives matter, But I do not support BLM.
                        John 3:3

Comment

This explains it best: "When ya'll say 'Save the Whales', that don't mean all the other fish in the ocean" - Nick Cannon

Blue lives matter, but the lives of EMTs and other first responders don't? Of course that's not the case. Same thing here.
                          Last edited by Lighthouse; 09-04-2020, 11:12 AM.
                          I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

That's what Nick Cannon says. So what. Every gang in Chicago has a pact to shoot police officers on sight if they have a gun. For every Nick Cannon there are 50 people who Do have the mindset of every other fish in the sea. People are being killed and beaten for saying all lives matter.
                            Last edited by Lighthouse; 09-04-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Just to be clear Nick Cannon quit his job on the masked singer because he said he couldn't judge them without seeing their skin color. Was also let go from another job for racist remarks.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

BLM

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X