Reminder: Texas A&M Game Postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: Texas A&M Game Postponed

Kentucky will not play Texas A&M this week due to COVID, but it looks like they will try and make up the Texas A&M and South Carolina games the week before the SEC Tournament.

There are teams willing to play us. I wonder why Cal didn't schedule at least one game for this week?
    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      There are teams willing to play us. I wonder why Cal didn't schedule at least one game for this week?
      NCAA rules dictate that we cant schedule games that werent already scheduled. The only games we can play are ones that were cancelled (Texas, Detroit, USC, TAM).

Like Will said, I expect that we will reschedule two of them after the final game on the schedule. Still not enough games to get over .500. Only chance at big dance is the SEC tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

NCAA rules dictate that we cant schedule games that werent already scheduled. The only games we can play are ones that were cancelled (Texas, Detroit, USC, TAM).

Like Will said, I expect that we will reschedule two of them after the final game on the schedule. Still not enough games to get over .500. Only chance at big dance is the SEC tourney.
        Correct except for one part...I am nearly positive it's a SEC specific rule, not NCAA wide. I believe UNC scheduled a couple of games to replace ones that were cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Correct except for one part...I am nearly positive it's a SEC specific rule, not NCAA wide. I believe UNC scheduled a couple of games to replace ones that were cancelled.
          Gotcha.

I knew it was something along those lines. Thanks for the clarification.

I do find it funny that 3 of the 4 games cancelled were probably wins and the fourth would be a chance to get a signature W. Goes with the rest of this years luck.

Comment

We were playing really bad around the time the Texas game was scheduled so I really doubt we could've won that. Would have a better chance now.

You have to wonder what would happen if Sarr's shot goes in against Notre Dame, we score in the last minute to beat UofL and Carolina, and Georgia doesn't run that baseline out-of-bounds play to beat us.

We'd be 11-10 and talking about getting in if we won out. As it is we still don't have a legitimate shot unless we win it in Nashville.

I'm not sure how concerned to be about this, or even if I should be. On one hand I'm convinced this is still a very flawed team so what are they going to be able to do in the NCAA Tournament, really?

On the other, it's going to really suck to have to sit there and watch us not get called on Selection Sunday. 2013 flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
              We were playing really bad around the time the Texas game was scheduled so I really doubt we could've won that. Would have a better chance now.

You have to wonder what would happen if Sarr's shot goes in against Notre Dame, we score in the last minute to beat UofL and Carolina, and Georgia doesn't run that baseline out-of-bounds play to beat us.

We'd be 11-10 and talking about getting in if we won out. As it is we still don't have a legitimate shot unless we win it in Nashville.

I'm not sure how concerned to be about this, or even if I should be. On one hand I'm convinced this is still a very flawed team so what are they going to be able to do in the NCAA Tournament, really?

On the other, it's going to really suck to have to sit there and watch us not get called on Selection Sunday. 2013 flashbacks.
              Dont forget the foul call against Arkansas a couple weeks ago. Should've won that one, too.

Comment

Earlier this week, or late last week, he said he had a couple of friends that are coaches of mid-majors that he was thinking about contacting for games.

Comment

Dont forget the foul call against Arkansas a couple weeks ago. Should've won that one, too.
                  Yeah, that would be 12-9. We'd probably be in at the moment.

But of course the what-if game doesn't matter at all and never has in sports.

Comment

It's very important that we continue to play games to keep the improvement going.
                    John 3:3

Comment

Playing So. Car. next week. The A&M game will not be made up.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Reminder: Texas A&M Game Postponed

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X