Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal Thread (UPDATE: Sahvir Wheeler to KENTUCKY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't a portal player we were interested in supposed to disclose his team-of-choice today?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCBlu View Post
      Wasn't a portal player we were interested in supposed to disclose his team-of-choice today?
      Adam Miller, of Illinois, is scheduled to announce at 6:00 p.m. EST today.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Miller commits to LSU.
        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• This is not good.

Comment

• This is no way to run a premier basketball program. Why haven’t we announced our new assistants yet, if it is a done deal why isn’t it DONE. I think it matters, we have critical players trying to decide wether to come here and ANYONE looking would have to sayUK is in disarray right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jload View Post
              This is no way to run a premier basketball program. Why haven’t we announced our new assistants yet, if it is a done deal why isn’t it DONE. I think it matters, we have critical players trying to decide wether to come here and ANYONE looking would have to sayUK is in disarray right now.
              The jobs have to be posted for a certain amount of time before it can be made official.

Frankly, you have no idea about what the staff has in the works, so you should chill out and see how it plays out. If August rolls around and we are still in this situation, then you can rightfully complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                This is not good.
                Cue “Another one bites the dust” by Queen 🙁

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                  Frankly, you have no idea about what the staff has in the works, so you should chill out and see how it plays out. If August rolls around and we are still in this situation, then you can rightfully complain.
                  I think (very) highly of ya, but this post almost strikes me as CalPoligist/head-in-sand level of calm during what has become a crap storm of a year for UK basketball.

This isn't good and I hope the staff can get going on bringing some stability to the program. That begins with bringing in a talented PG who fits this system and also stabilizing what is currently listed on our roster.

Pretty much all we have seen lately is transfers, blow-ups, almost-then-misses, and way too many losses for liking. That's anything but premier.

Comment

• It does feel very sloppy and very unsettled.

I have to think Cal has a plan but if he does it's hard to see it as of May 2nd. It really looks all up in the air right now and it could be that this is just something that happens after a historically bad season and UK is trying for a full program reset.

The problem is that is that it may take another cycle or two to yield results, and by then the heat under Calipari will be too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                      The problem is that it may take another cycle or two to yield results, and by then the heat under Calipari will be too much.
                      Fanbase rebellion would make a resurgence almost impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                        It does feel very sloppy and very unsettled.

I have to think Cal has a plan but if he does it's hard to see it as of May 2nd. It really looks all up in the air right now and it could be that this is just something that happens after a historically bad season and UK is trying for a full program reset.

The problem is that is that it may take another cycle or two to yield results, and by then the heat under Calipari will be too much.
                        Pat Forde incoming with "You made your bed" article part 2 in 3, 2, 1....

Comment

• The good news is that Cal has always been the best when he feels disrespected or when his back is against the wall.

I'm not expecting next year's team to be a championship contender, barring some unforeseen transfer haul, but I do think they'll be much better than last year. Then I expect the year after to be back in the title hunt.

Comment

• My concern is that they feel Carr is in the bag, but who knows how that will play out. Also with Zeg, seems like neither of the two are drafted on “most” mock boards but who knows.

if we don’t get them and Mintz leaves it’s gonna be another bad pg year.

Comment

• I find it best to not speculate or predict, so I just read and watch.
                              John 3:3

Comment

• Mintz declares for draft but will test waters. Could return to UK.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal Thread (UPDATE: Sahvir Wheeler to KENTUCKY)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X