Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal Thread (UPDATE: Sahvir Wheeler to KENTUCKY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

IF this is the case then Cal should've realized it sooner if it's been going on for awhile....
    He probably did realize it but Justus was bringing some solid talent into the program. So it wasn't like Justus was a total bust. Those relationships he built with several players was essential and even with those flaws Jones mentions, Justus had a good run here.

I think Cal got to the point though where he clearly felt like the Justus Era was not on the same level as the Antigua Era, and so he's gone for a program reboot.

Comment

• I think the glaring difference was even though we were bringing in top 2 classes, it was more decent recruits, instead of top 3 guys. To me that is what has been lacking because when you miss on the Cade Cunningham's, Anthony Edwards, and Zions of the world(I'm leaving Wiseman out because that was no ones fault) it can make a big difference.

We all know that this last season does a complete 180 if we have Cunningham running the show.

Comment

• TyTy to announce May 12th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          TyTy to announce May 12th.
          TyTy corrects this to May 15th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Put another way, Justus was telling Cal what he wanted to hear and less of what he needed to hear when it came to recruiting. Matt Jones just told a story of seeing the look on Cal's face when they told him that Zion Williamson was going to Duke. He said Cal prides himself on knowing what was gonna happen with these kids, and he kept getting blindsided and left to scramble.
            Zion ended up winning the lawsuit and didn’t have to repay his original representative agency for breaking his contract with them when he decided to go with another firm. But can you even imagine the NCAA repercussions at UK (or anywhere other than Duke) if an agency/bunch of lawyers went on record they had a contract and had provided benefits to a player while in college if he had come to UK? But at Duke...wasn’t even looked at. Still we dodged a bullet as we would not have gotten that treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

Zion ended up winning the lawsuit and didn’t have to repay his original representative agency for breaking his contract with them when he decided to go with another firm. But can you even imagine the NCAA repercussions at UK (or anywhere other than Duke) if an agency/bunch of lawyers went on record they had a contract and had provided benefits to a player while in college if he had come to UK? But at Duke...wasn’t even looked at. Still we dodged a bullet as we would not have gotten that treatment.
              This came out today
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-144305.png
Views:	139
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	262515

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

This came out today

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-144305.png
Views:	139
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	262515
                Something else for the rules committee to ignore.

Comment

TyTy corrects this to May 15th.
                  Kyle Tucker claims that Cal is going after this kid hard. And directly. A zoom yesterday and a follow up today.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Kyle Tucker claims that Cal is going after this kid hard. And directly. A zoom yesterday and a follow up today.
                    Saw that.

To me TyTy to Kentucky would explain a lot about what happened with Hickman.

Comment

• I won’t be surprised if we land TyTy and C.J. in pretty quick succession.

One more PG after that, then we’re ready to roll. Maybe top things off with another big to replace Jackson (perhaps the Syracuse guy).

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                        I won’t be surprised if we land TyTy and C.J. in pretty quick succession.

One more PG after that, then we’re ready to roll. Maybe top things off with another big to replace Jackson (perhaps the Syracuse guy).
                        Fredrick today, Tyty on the 15th and I'm pretty happy.

If they could get Jose Alvarado too, things are back on track.

Comment

If they could get Jose Alvarado too, things are back on track.
                          Um, what? Had no idea this guy was even an option, or if I did I forgot about it.

Heck yeah you take that. If TyTy is legit and you got Alvarado along with what we have, that's huge. I don't even know where Frederick fits in that scenario because Alvarado is a considerably better player.

Comment

Um, what? Had no idea this guy was even an option, or if I did I forgot about it.

Heck yeah you take that. If TyTy is legit and you got Alvarado along with what we have, that's huge. I don't even know where Frederick fits in that scenario because Alvarado is a considerably better player.
                            Travis Graf said that IF he goes in the portal, which has been speculated, he'd go to UK because of Antigua.

Name:	Screenshot_20210505-104940.png
Views:	59
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	262562
                            Last edited by lilproUK98; 05-05-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Travis Graf said that IF he goes in the portal, which has been speculated, he'd go to UK because of Antigua.
                              That's huge. That guy can really play. I think he'd start immediately for UK if he came.

Comment

That's huge. That guy can really play. I think he'd start immediately for UK if he came.
                                Yep, a Tyty, Alvarado, Fredrick, Grady, Allen rotation at the 1-3 is.... Good lol

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal Thread (UPDATE: Sahvir Wheeler to KENTUCKY)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X