No announcement yet.

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with you justford. I would luv to have JD but we are banking on a lot: Is JD gonna finish HS requirements to reclassify and pick us over his relationship with Miami staff? Our team has been building chemistry for over a month now, and he's just finishing up his AAU season this month. The soonest we may hear news is end of July or first week of August. If he can get his work done to reclass, he's not joining a team until sometime in Aug. As we all know even the so called "elite HS players" need time to adjust to D1 ball.

Comment

• 247sports says it’s back to Illinois for Cockburn. Cal had to have turned him down for some
      reason.

Comment

• Cockburn indeed stays at Illinois. Marcus Carr commits to Texas.

Longhorns might be #1 in the preseason.

Comment

• Duren is at Peach Jam. Cal and Antigua are there too. Our roster may be set but not if they can work their magic. I don’t think you turn Kofi down if you don’t still like your chances with Duren.

Comment

• Guess Louisville was delusional about Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              Guess Louisville was delusional about Carr.
              Sometimes you can’t smell the stench till you’ve stepped in the poo.

Meaning perhaps he visited and changed his mind. 🤷‍♂️
              Last edited by Catsrock; 07-17-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                Duren is at Peach Jam. Cal and Antigua are there too. Our roster may be set but not if they can work their magic. I don’t think you turn Kofi down if you don’t still like your chances with Duren.
                WCN Fam- Anybody watch the Nike EYBL YouTube Highlights today Bronny (Strive For Greatness) vs JD & UK prospect D Lively (c/o 2022-my gut tells me he’s going to select Duke or UNC)? Good game, Team Final won 49 to 47, but the sideline story was watching Cal sitting front-and-center in the middle of Miami coach to his left and Memphis assistant coach (L Brown) to his right conversing…
                EYBL season ends July 19th. Play-offs/ Peach Jam Tournament begins July 20th (20th-24th); championship game is July 25th.
                You can check schedule/stream live games nikeeyb.com. EYBL session is FREE livestream not sure if play-off rounds will be tho.
                Last edited by 85 Fly; 07-18-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

WCN Fam- Anybody watch the Nike EYBL YouTube Highlights today Bronny (Strive For Greatness) vs JD & UK prospect D Lively (c/o 2022-my gut tells me he’s going to select Duke or UNC)? Good game, Team Final won 49 to 47, but the sideline story was watching Cal sitting front-and-center in the middle of Miami coach to his left and Memphis assistant coach (L Brown) to his right conversing…
                  EYBL season ends July 19th. Play-offs/ Peach Jam Tournament begins July 20th (20th-24th); championship game is July 25th.
                  You can check schedule/stream live games nikeeyb.com. EYBL session is FREE livestream not sure if play-off rounds will be tho.
                  Good info. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

Good info. Thanks!
                    Catsrock- I checked today and play-offs/Peach Jam is also streaming free…watched Team Final win a close game for their first play-off game day. Over the past couple years ESPN has been airing the championship game, but not sure this time…just know you can watch play-offs and champ game on Nike EYBL site.

Comment

• Miami insider site claims that they lead for Jalen Duren. This could come back to the fact that Miami recently hired DJ Irving, Duren's former high school coach, as an assistant.

https://caneswarning.com/2021/07/19/...ed-reclassify/

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                        Miami insider site claims that they lead for Jalen Duren. This could come back to the fact that Miami recently hired DJ Irving, Duren's former high school coach, as an assistant.

Hire Jalen’s Dad or Mom or both😀

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          Miami insider site claims that they lead for Jalen Duren. This could come back to the fact that Miami recently hired DJ Irving, Duren's former high school coach, as an assistant.

Thanks for the article Will! Did you catch the comment/response to the article…luved it!

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post

LMBO!! 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post

Just hire Jalen. Player/coach. We could give him a salary of a mil a year now under the NIL rules.

He could be our "offensive coordinator" and JWORLD, wherever he is, could finally be happy.

Comment

• Joking aside…it’s the way the game is played. OSU got Cade Cunningham away from us this way. If you want Duren make a hire. Hire the guy Miami hired at a raise. If you don’t want him then proceed with who you’ve got.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X