Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Paving the way for Brad Stevens, possibly.

MOD EDIT: Thread title change messed with context. This refers to Indiana’s firing of Archie Miller.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 03-15-2021, 12:36 PM.

Could be. I bet Nate Oates gets a look also.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after Pitino

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
        I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after Pitino
        I would. No way they even give him a call.
        Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          Paving the way for Brad Stevens, possibly.
          You’ve said this a couple times now, but where’s it coming from? I doubt they’re going to hold this COVID-riddled season against him — at least not to the point of termination.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
            Could be. I bet Nate Oates gets a look also.
            He’s had a great season and may be the real deal, but I’m interested to see what he can do with a team that isn’t loaded with senior talent.

Comment

Potential candidates - https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ew/6930968002/

If they are going after Stevens they are going to have to wait until June/July when the NBA season ends. I don't think he is realistic for them anyways, highly doubt they wait 3+ months to hire someone.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

If they are going after Stevens they are going to have to wait until June/July when the NBA season ends. I don't think he is realistic for them anyways, highly doubt they wait 3+ months to hire someone.
                If they thought they had a real shot at him, they’d be crazy not to wait.

I don’t think it’s happening, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

He’s had a great season and may be the real deal, but I’m interested to see what he can do with a team that isn’t loaded with senior talent.
                  Alabama is old. But their two leading scorers are sophomores.

Comment

You’ve said this a couple times now, but where’s it coming from? I doubt they’re going to hold this COVID-riddled season against him — at least not to the point of termination.
                    Anything can happen in the NBA. Teams go on wild runs all the time. Boston is currently on a bit of a run.

If they don't go to the Finals though I think Stevens is done there. The NBA is cold blooded.

Comment

There's no way Indiana isn't going to evaluate him. Just the way college basketball works right now. It doesn't mean he's gonna get the job, but I guarantee there'll be some interest on IUs part.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

The Musselman and Mark Pope names are interesting.

I tend to agree the Grand Slam and Home Run hires are pipe dreams, though.

Comment

There's no way Indiana isn't going to evaluate him. Just the way college basketball works right now. It doesn't mean he's gonna get the job, but I guarantee there'll be some interest on IUs part.
                          I don’t doubt it. They may even hire him.

My point is, he could land there and flop because this Bama team could be making him look better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

I would. No way they even give him a call.
                            I've already seen it speculated on Twitter - why on earth would anyone think Pitino would get a call?

Comment

I've already seen it speculated on Twitter - why on earth would anyone think Pitino would get a call?
                              I would think that age would be issue at this point for him versus top jobs. That's not mentioning any of the other, you know, stuff.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X