Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
    Mintz still has not announced his plans. I’m not hoping for this because I like Mintz but I wonder if Zeg AND Carr would both come here if Mintz decides to move on. Doubtful. But a backcourt rotation of Zeg/Carr/Grady with Allen grabbing a few minutes at the 2 ad 3 could be very potent. But I’d be happy with Carr/Grady/Mintz too from what I’ve gathered. Cal may need to capitalize on utilizing his best players with 3 guard offense along with Oscar and Collins
    I had this thought too. If Kentucky could get Zeg and Carr then that would be sort of incredible. Seems very far-fetched...but I'm convinced somebody in college basketball will have a roster like that, where they get two (maybe more) transfers that are all-conference types.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Sean Miller has been fired at Arizona.
      Not very long ago a lot of people thought he would be a good fit here. I never really agreed, even though he was pulling in a lot of good recruits, but obviously we all know why.

Comment

I had this thought too. If Kentucky could get Zeg and Carr then that would be sort of incredible. Seems very far-fetched...but I'm convinced somebody in college basketball will have a roster like that, where they get two (maybe more) transfers that are all-conference types.
        It tried to enter my mind but I wouldn’t let it. Too good to be true.

But man, can you imagine a backcourt of Carr, Zeg, and Grady? Hand us the trophy.

Comment

• Apparently, Kyle Tucker was on the Leach Report this morning and said he’s hearing that all signs still point to Carr leaving for the NBA.

?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

It tried to enter my mind but I wouldn’t let it. Too good to be true.

But man, can you imagine a backcourt of Carr, Zeg, and Grady? Hand us the trophy.
            Assuming he could get them to gel.

It's definitely crazy to think about. Throw in Tshiebwe and a potential Jackson and that's an old team period. Not just "old for Cal," but really old.

I think Jackson coming back is the one thing that sort of sets us into the stratosphere. If he jumps then Collins has to be ready early, and Collins strikes me as the kind of guy where it's going to take awhile. I could be wrong but he just seems built like somebody who's going to have to adjust to the roughness of the game, much like Jackson did.

Comment

• Arizona has a guy named James Akinjo who's a really solid point guard. He's testing the NBA Draft but if he wants to return to college that guy would be as good as almost anybody we could get.

Comment

Arizona has a guy named James Akinjo who's a really solid point guard. He's testing the NBA Draft but if he wants to return to college that guy would be as good as almost anybody we could get.
                Was just about to post this.

Comment

• All this about players doing this or that, coming here or going there, makes my head spin. I just sit back and wait for it all to shake out and see where we are.
                  John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                    All this about players doing this or that, coming here or going there, makes my head spin. I just sit back and wait for it all to shake out and see where we are.
                    It just helps us to imagine these possibilities so we can get over our depression hangover from this last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

Not very long ago a lot of people thought he would be a good fit here. I never really agreed, even though he was pulling in a lot of good recruits, but obviously we all know why.
                      I'm one of those people. I thought he'd be a star in Arizona and would turn them into one of the elite programs anywhere. He had some really good teams there but he never could get far in the tournament and he'd be killed here.

Sounds like they know the NCAA hammer's about to drop.

Comment

• Sounds like Jemarl Baker might need a place to play.,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                          Sounds like Jemarl Baker might need a place to play.,
                          Likes the portal better than campus.....

(joking aside now that Miller's been fired, can't say I blame him)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                            Sounds like Jemarl Baker might need a place to play.,
                            Lol, he entered the portal a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• ^^
                              I heard on KSR that Texas scooped up Jerrance Howard (of Billy Gillispie at UK fame) who had been Kansas' lead recruiter for the last...forever.

Matt Jones was discussing this on the radio this morning, and suggested they know the NCAA banhammer is coming for them pretty soon also and suggest part of why Kansas gave Self that contract was because they know they're gonna get wiped by the NCAA and Self is better than anyone else they could lure.

Comment

• In light of recent transfers from Colorado, Kyle Tucker is speculating that McKinley Wright could become an option for Kentucky. I wouldn’t mind that one bit.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X