Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
    In light of recent transfers from Colorado, Kyle Tucker is speculating that McKinley Wright could become an option for Kentucky. I wouldn’t mind that one bit.
    Another intriguing player just based on his stats. Doesn't look like he's a very good shooter but can put the ball in the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Arizona has a guy named James Akinjo who's a really solid point guard. He's testing the NBA Draft but if he wants to return to college that guy would be as good as almost anybody we could get.
      I'm very familiar with Akinjo's game going back to HS; he played for Salesian HS out here in NorCal. I went to some games when his team played my daughter's school. He always played with toughness. I do have to admit he has a little "Briscoe" in him (he's a solid college player, won't be drafted NBA, would have to go G-league route) but with a better shot, but that's being honest . I thought (at the time) he was perfect for Georgetown but don't know the back-story why he left. And now with the firing of Miller, curious to see if Akinjo makes another move...poor kid.
      Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-07-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Another intriguing player just based on his stats. Doesn't look like he's a very good shooter but can put the ball in the basket.
        His 3pt % gradually decreased from year to year, but by all accounts he’s a great “floor general.”

Comment

• Lot of chatter this evening re: Keion to IU. Seems to have originated with IU fans, who are dumb trash bags and usually wrong about everything, so do with that noise what you will.

Having said that, Trayce whatever his name is keeps dropping hints that they’re getting another player, and he and Keion are good friends.
          Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 04-07-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

It just helps us to imagine these possibilities so we can get over our depression hangover from this last season.
            I know, and I enjoy reading everybody's posts and learning all the possibilities. This is the only place I get UK news.
            John 3:3

Comment

• Givony's mock draft this morning has Isaiah Jackson in the lottery. Not good news when thinking about the most dynamic player on next year's roster.

Comment

Givony's mock draft this morning has Isaiah Jackson in the lottery. Not good news when thinking about the most dynamic player on next year's roster.
                Jackson is not (and never was) coming back.

Boston at #35, Clarke undrafted

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                  Lot of chatter this evening re: Keion to IU. Seems to have originated with IU fans, who are dumb trash bags and usually wrong about everything, so do with that noise what you will.

Having said that, Trayce whatever his name is keeps dropping hints that they’re getting another player, and he and Keion are good friends.
                  Friend in Louisville just texted me that he heard on Louisville sports radio this morning that Brooks has entered the portal. I don't see that anywhere else so not sure that is final or confirmed. But, seems to be a lot of smoke around it.

Losing a guy we need to IU would be a major blow and really disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Jackson is not (and never was) coming back.

Boston at #35, Clarke undrafted
                    Probably not, but I sort of bought Kyle Tucker's thing about Jackson not wanting to go unless he was lottery.

The thing is I don't really think the difference between lottery and first round matters as much to people as it once did. The lottery cut-off is very arbitrary when you're dealing with that much money.

Comment

• ^^
                      Boston is the kind of kid who should come back for a 2nd year that Cal can't keep on campus. A one and done who leaves to be drafted at #35 is a bad look when you kepe having those kinds.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                        Losing a guy we need to IU would be a major blow and really disappointing.
                        Calipari can't, and will not, return to success here if he can't do any better than this at keeping players. Hope it's incorrect but will be completely unsurprised if it comes to fruition.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

Calipari can't, and will not, return to success here if he can't do any better than this at keeping players. Hope it's incorrect but will be completely unsurprised if it comes to fruition.
                          Come on Matt, that's just college basketball now and we have to accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                            ^^
                            Boston is the kind of kid who should come back for a 2nd year that Cal can't keep on campus. A one and done who leaves to be drafted at #35 is a bad look when you kepe having those kinds.
                            Absolutely. It's why we are where we are.

The experiment ran out on him. This is why I say the transfer market this coming season has been such a gift.

But otherwise, I feel like he hasn't been able to get out in front of a changing game. It doesn't mean we won't have another championship-level team here, but it does mean the margins Cal finds himself working in are suddenly ungodly tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Come on Matt, that's just college basketball now and we have to accept it.
                              Which other successful program routinely has its roster gutted at the end of every season?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

Which other successful program routinely has its roster gutted at the end of every season?
                                I'm pretty sure Dwight was being sarcastic there.

Kentucky and Duke look like the programs that have to deal with this the most. Duke really got devastated too at the end of the 2020 season, which led to what we saw in 2021.

Both will have to adjust. It looks like Cal is trying to do it through transfers. This year that might work. In the long term it's probably not a viable plan.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Official 2021 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X