NCAA Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
    So much for the great matchup predictions. This game was never really in doubt from the tip.
    Nope. And I wonder if UCLA vs Baylor woulda been better.

Comment

• This strong Baylor team was clicking this tourney and the biggest part of the year. In hindsight, I doubt UCLA or any other team would have fared a lot better.
      congrats to Baylor!

Comment

• Can’t believe it was a blowout. I never saw that coming. Not surprised Baylor won but to do it that easy and be that dominant was wild.

Comment

• WOW....Not much of a game....thought it would be close

congrats to Baylor....after not being in it for 73 years....I would say they deserved it

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post

Sounds awful. No wonder they lost.
            Lol.
            "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Guards. Tough, old guards who can shoot the basketball. That's maybe THE main thing in this whole sport.

Baylor had them and that's why they're champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                Guards. Tough, old guards who can shoot the basketball. That's maybe THE main thing in this whole sport.

Which is why I really really would love to see Mintz back, and getting Grady is huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                  Guards. Tough, old guards who can shoot the basketball. That's maybe THE main thing in this whole sport.

They can certainly shoot it. But last night they didn’t even have to. When they missed they rebounded and shot again. Totally overpowered the Zags.

Comment

• Well My favorite time of the year is over......I can't do another year like this......Cal better fix the problem and have those guys ready to go next season

Comment

• We all feel the Zag's pain....even though they weren't going for 40-0, the expectation to go undefeated was still there. Really didn't think Baylor could do it but they just manhandled them.

Comment

• While the media was so in awww of the Zags and the possibility of them being the next undefeated team to win the natty, Baylor showed "there's levels to this" Baylor dribble drive, ball pressure, suffocating defense, mentally and physically (by the way, the training and conditioning coach deserves a raise! Team yoked like a football team-Lol) tough! And the shooting/scoring! Nobody (Michigan, ILL, Ohio State, Zags, UCLA) was beating this team, it was destiny. I was watching B12 (and P12) this season and I thought they were the only team that could really compete with the Zags but I did not expect a beat-down!
                        Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-06-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• I didn't expect a beatdown either until the first few minutes of the game. It became very clear that Baylor was the toughest team inside and out and they didn't give an inch. Strength, shooting and rebounds were all one sided. OBTW, I wasn't real happy with the Officials in the first half, but they did better the 2nd.
                          John 3:3

Comment

• Zags glaring weakness was exposed last night, lack of a good power forward. Baylor has 3 of them and they overpowered Timme and surrounded him, he had very little help inside. Also mature 24-25 year old guards playing agianst an 18 year old( no matter how good he might be) was also telling.. kispert ‘s lack of athleticism was also exsposed by Baylor’s guards.

Comment

• I think Gonzaga played their national championship game on Saturday and had nothing left for Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by samsdad View Post
                                I think Gonzaga played their national championship game on Saturday and had nothing left for Monday.
                                Possible, but I don't think it mattered because of all the reasons shared in the above posts. Baylor had the more powerful and experienced team.
                                John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

NCAA Tournament Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X