Kentucky Recruiting Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Recruiting Open Thread

Sounding like Shaedon Sharpe may have pulled the trigger on his “surprise” second visit to UK today. Cason Wallace may not be far behind.

Colvin mentioned Cal needing to get the swag back in the Tubby thread...this would be a great first step.

Comment

Saw where Matt Jones tweeted last night that Cal is going to bring in a huge class. It definitely looks like all the pieces have been put in place--especially the assistants and the way Kentucky has been priming the NIL thing to get ready--for us to get our mojo back.

Comment

Sharpe, Wallace, and Clark is gonna be one heck of a backcourt next year. Throw in Fredrick and Allen and you've got some dudes

Comment

For those who don’t know Sharpe, he’s like a more advanced version of Malik Monk. Absolute stud.

Comment

Very exciting! Make a respectable run this year, polish ‘22 class off with a couple of bigs—Lively? Livingston (not really a big)? and follow that up with Wagner’s class. The whole “Cal won’t win another championship at UK” mantra could all fade away.

I hope that someone at UK this year—someone who hasn’t been seen as a star—does really well with NIL this season. Could real a real boost to future classes.
            Last edited by Catsrock; 08-31-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I’d say Livingston winds up at Memphis. Shouldn’t break your heart, though. Not sure he’s a great fit for us, anyway.

Comment

We’ll see what the Penny/Brown combination does with Duren and Bates. That may determine whether they remain a big player in recruiting. Penny did Wiseman no good but hard to judge much by that debacle.

They win a title this year, could they steal Wagner? I assume the family connection is more with Cal than the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                  Sounding like Shaedon Sharpe may have pulled the trigger on his “surprise” second visit to UK today. Cason Wallace may not be far behind.
                  DVZ- Stop! Lol You know I said I'm not going to get excited (after the 2020 class debacle), so stop pulling me in! But I do have a small grin on my face! I've been paying attention to Sharpe (more interested in him than N Smith) and Wallace. I'm with you on Livingston, and I'm not pressed to get him. Lively is a toss up to me, would be pleasantly surprised if we land him. Bona will work, think we land him or Ignite.
                  Last edited by 85 Fly; 09-01-2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

exciting news.....need this after last season

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                      I’d say Livingston winds up at Memphis. Shouldn’t break your heart, though. Not sure he’s a great fit for us, anyway.
                      Only reason I like Livingston is that he looks like a 37-year-old man.

Comment

Sharpe says he will announce on September 7th. Kentucky the overwhelming favorite.

Comment

If only he can be as good as Skal...

Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                          He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                          Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                          I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

This would be a dynamite start to the class.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                              This would be a dynamite start to the class.
                              Clark is already on board, but there's a real possibility UK could sign 5 of the top 15 in the class with Sharpe, Lively, Wallace, Clark, and Bona.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky Recruiting Open Thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X