No announcement yet.

Kentucky Recruiting Open Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure it would cause me to miss on recruits, but my motto would be that if you don't want to surround yourself with great players that will only make you better and you are scared of competition than go to a team where you will be "the man".

Some kids are like that and some want the challenge because we all know their goal isn't to get a degree but to get drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
      I'm sure it would cause me to miss on recruits, but my motto would be that if you don't want to surround yourself with great players that will only make you better and you are scared of competition than go to a team where you will be "the man".

Some kids are like that and some want the challenge because we all know their goal isn't to get a degree but to get drafted.
      That's a nice thought, but Lively will be at Duke and Bona will be at UCLA and will have plenty of great players around them.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
        Not concerned about Bona. The transfer portal will have plenty of options for big men.
        I'm really scratching my head, I don't understand these five star Gen Z big men! If the goal is to get to the league, why are they not paying attention to all our big men that are thriving in the NBA?! Now that Coach Howard is at Michigan ( boy did he make a deep run with that program quickly!), I wouldn't be mad if at times it was between us and Michigan (coach played the position, had a long NBA career and was an assistant coach before returning to Michigan), but this is ridiculous!
        Last edited by 85 Fly; 11-01-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
          It's concerning in that this kid was seemingly in Kentucky's grasp and Cal whiffed again.

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

This isn’t entirely accurate.
          Betcha Coach Cronin had Johnny talk to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

That's a nice thought, but Lively will be at Duke and Bona will be at UCLA and will have plenty of great players around them.
            I meant at Bona's position, they are a guard heavy team and he will be the only true center on UCLA's team next year and I'm sure Cronin used that as a selling point.

Comment

• No more Bona talk......

Let's hopefully get this Cason Wallace commitment on Sunday and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
                No more Bona talk......

Let's hopefully get this Cason Wallace commitment on Sunday and see what happens.
                Robert Dillingham in '23 will be committing soon too

Comment

• Hopefully get a commitment from Cason Wallace this evening. He’s supposed to announce around 9pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                    Hopefully get a commitment from Cason Wallace this evening. He’s supposed to announce around 9pm.
                    Eastern standard time, I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

Eastern standard time, I presume?
                      I saw one "article" suggest central time. That would make sense as he's from Texas. I don't know for sure.

Comment

• Wallace is a Cat!

Comment

• Another great guard. Are there any other Bigs we're after?
                          John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                            Another great guard. Are there any other Bigs we're after?
                            We’ll deal with that through the transfer portal. No remaining HS options at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

We’ll deal with that through the transfer portal. No remaining HS options at this time.
                              Yup, and I don't know of any potential reclasses to keep an eye on.

Comment

• As expected, Shaedon Sharpe is enrolling in January and redshirting.

https://twitter.com/JasonJordanSI/st...536989698?s=20

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky Recruiting Open Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X