Kentucky vs. Duke: Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post

Not holding my breath until I see it. I'm done with all of the hype train.
    We saw it for a lot of years. Not sure why you’re acting like there’s no precedent here.

Comment

• Re: the freshmen, I wasn't surprised about Collins and Hopkins. They're more "normal" freshmen and you could kind of see that in the exhibitions. (I do think Hopkins will help us a lot this season. Collins is more of of an unknown because of his build.)

I was however very surprised at TyTy. I think we all thought he was more of a freshman along the lines of Wall/Knight/Fox. Guys who were going to be ready on game one to play at a super high level.

Obviously he wasn't. Which is maybe the most concerning thing. Because if that's not a fluke and he's more along the lines of "normal," UK is probably not an NCAA Tournament team.

Comment

• So TyTy is the key to UK being a NCAA tournament team?

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post
          So TyTy is the key to UK being a NCAA tournament team?
          Yes. Not enough top-end talent on this team (although Oscar Tshiebwe showed the other night that he's a super-talented college player; Wheeler too).

But when you're looking at college teams sometimes it's helpful to "count the pros." Kentucky probably has one surefire pro and that's TyTy. If he doesn't play like it then I'm not sure if this team has the horses to be better than your average middle of the pack SEC team.

Comment

• I think this team can be an NCAA tournament team without TyTy - too much other experienced talent otherwise. But Washington is the key between this team having any real shot at a Final Four and exiting the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              I thought Toppin did a good job on Banchero, at least as good as you can.
              Analysis on how Toppin was most effective defender against Banchero. Flint says Toppin could be SEC defensive player of the year.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ve-player-sec/

Comment

• This team will be in the NCAA Tournament unless something ugly happens. Now if TyTy plays to his potential, Brooks suddenly appears, our shooting is as advertised and most importantly they learn to play defense, we could make a deep run.
                John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

I just don’t see how you could play those two guys together. And neither would settle for backup minutes so I’m not sure how that would have worked.
                  You're probably right they wouldn't want to be a back-up, but I was jus thinking when one was in foul trouble (or needed a blow) the other could come in and we wouldn't skip a beat...might've been an even closer game. Both players are rebounding machines and Kofi could really bang with Duke's front court.
                  Last edited by 85 Fly; 11-12-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky vs. Duke: Game Thread

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X