B.J. Boston and NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.J. Boston and NIL

I saw Givony say on Twitter this morning that B.J. Boston looks like a different player in the G-League (figures).

He asks an interesting question: could Boston have come back to Kentucky where he would have likely made more money, then improved his stock so he could be a top ten pick in this year's draft?

Of course we'll never know but the NIL certainly opens up possibilities in college basketball that never existed before. We have a couple players on this team who would probably be better off returning because they could make more money here than they could overseas or in the G-League.

Did I read somewhere that Klutch Sports got him a guaranteed $2 mill deal (which is rare considering his draft number)?

Comment

I have nothing against BJ. Hope his dreams come true. Glad to hear he’s playing better. But whatever was his trouble was here the thought that another year of it would have made him a top 10 pick seems laughable. If he were on this team playing 30 min a game in front of even more guys who can shoot…🤬

Comment

There was no guarantee that he would have been any better this year at UK. If he came back and laid another egg, his NBA dream would be over before it began. He had to salvage something.

He made the correct choice.

Comment

I always thought the most maddening thing about Boston was how bad he was scoring in transition. Any little bump just threw him completely off to the point where he just could not put it in the basket. Never seen an "elite" player who had such a struggle with scoring on the break.

Comment

The weight he has gained is helping with that. He's playing off contact in a lot of these clips.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
              The weight he has gained is helping with that. He's playing off contact in a lot of these clips.
              Sure hope Collins is not in the G league when he finds 20 more pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

Sure hope Collins is not in the G league when he finds 20 more pounds
                If he gains 20+ pounds and stays another year, he won't be.
                John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

B.J. Boston and NIL

Collapse
                Working...
                X