#1 vs. #2 Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 vs. #2 Tonight

Gonzaga vs. UCLA tonight at 10:00. Rematch of arguably the greatest college basketball game ever played.

Game's on ESPN for those who can stay up.

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    the greatest college basketball game ever played.
    1992 called.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

1992 called.
      It cracks me up how much we UK fans are so preoccupied with being the best in everything that even in a game we lost that we still must insist that it was the greatest game ever played.

I do not disagree with you, by the way. That Gonzaga/UCLA game is the only one comparable with it - I'm not sure it was better but it's right up there.

Comment

The man said arguably.

Comment

I remember the Duke/UK game in '92 being super well-played. The end of that UCLA/Gonzaga game, probably the last five or six minutes or regulation and all of OT, last year was unreal.

Of course it didn't have the same punch because hardly anyone was in the arena to see it. But it did send Gonzaga to the title game.

Both were ungodly good basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
            The man said arguably.
            But I'm not sure it is arguable. It was a very well played game, without question, but ultimately nobody cared about UCLA and definitely not Gonzaga. Nova/Carolina in the title game was better than UCLA/Zaga, if we are discussing recent games. He'll, I'd put Kentucky/Notre Dame 2015 up against it. More obvious pro ready guys playing at the highest level down to the buzzer.

But Duke Kentucky 1992 will forever be the pinnacle of excellence for college basketball, and I thought that was fairly consensus at this point. We will see the Laettner shot in 50 years... probably not so much the Suggs / Juzang shootoff.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

But I'm not sure it is arguable. It was a very well played game, without question, but ultimately nobody cared about UCLA and definitely not Gonzaga. Nova/Carolina in the title game was better than UCLA/Zaga, if we are discussing recent games. He'll, I'd put Kentucky/Notre Dame 2015 up against it. More obvious pro ready guys playing at the highest level down to the buzzer.

But Duke Kentucky 1992 will forever be the pinnacle of excellence for college basketball, and I thought that was fairly consensus at this point. We will see the Laettner shot in 50 years... probably not so much the Suggs / Juzang shootoff.
              I agree with you. I was just screwing around. Personally, I’d put the UK-Wich. St. game over Zags/UCLA.

Comment

I agree with you. I was just screwing around. Personally, I’d put the UK-Wich. St. game over Zags/UCLA.
                For us it was. I think the title of greatest game has to be a game which is a.) played at a very high level, and b.) features a buzzer beater type ending.

I think the UNC/Villanova title game from a few years ago deserves to be in the mix.

Comment

I'm up for it, 7 p.m. out my way!

Comment

I'm watching..... I can stay up late ...no grandkids tomorrow
                    Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 11-23-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Great game, and probably the most well-played of the Cal era. IMO not on the level of a game where there were two buzzer beaters including a 35-footer to win the game and send the other team into the title game.

I'd kind of forgotten about Villanova/Carolina. Also a classic that was insane to watch, and because the stakes were so high it has to be considered one of the greatest ever.

The Duke/Butler game where Hayward's halfcourter rimmed out would have been up there, but one thing about that game is that it was ugly. A forgotten thing about those two really good Brad Stevens Butler teams: they played uglyball.

Comment

Virginia is about to win the Boner Pills Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                          Virginia is about to win the Boner Pills Championship.
                          I have an uncle who won that a long time ago. You should see his most recent wife.

Comment

I have an uncle who won that a long time ago. You should see his most recent wife.
                            Did the marriage last longer than 4 hours?

Comment

I’ll tell you what this court needs is more sponsorship.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

#1 vs. #2 Tonight

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X