Sports Ticker

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Actually Brooks probably needed to shoot more threes.

If you can hit an 18-footer you can hit a three.
    The NBA's experiment of moving the three-point line closer demonstrated that this isn't the case. You had all manner of people who could hit from 17 or 18 bricking up the arena.
    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

The NBA's experiment of moving the three-point line closer demonstrated that this isn't the case. You had all manner of people who could hit from 17 or 18 bricking up the arena.
      Eh, I still maintain that if you can hit that mid-range you can step out two steps and hit the slightly deeper shot. The mid-range shot is part of Cal's offense. It also could be a psychological thing with Brooks, but that can be broken through a little. We saw that with P.J. Washington, who went from 5 made threes as a freshman to 33 as a sophomore.

Brooks has nice touch. I think he could hit a few of them across a year, at least enough to make a difference. I'd like to see him ditch that weird 18-footer if he comes back. In fact unless it's a hard-dribble pull-up from a guard or Oscar stepping out to the free throw line, I don't think anybody should be taking mid-range shots ever in the sport of basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Eh, I still maintain that if you can hit that mid-range you can step out two steps and hit the slightly deeper shot. The mid-range shot is part of Cal's offense. It also could be a psychological thing with Brooks, but that can be broken through a little. We saw that with P.J. Washington, who went from 5 made threes as a freshman to 33 as a sophomore.

Brooks has nice touch. I think he could hit a few of them across a year, at least enough to make a difference. I'd like to see him ditch that weird 18-footer if he comes back. In fact unless it's a hard-dribble pull-up from a guard or Oscar stepping out to the free throw line, I don't think anybody should be taking mid-range shots ever in the sport of basketball.
        I sort of agree but I would rather he hit an open 18 ft shot than miss a three. If he shoots them well enough in practice to get an in-game green light, fine shoot them. But if he ends up hitting below 30% he is hurting the team.
        Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I sort of agree but I would rather he hit an open 18 ft shot than miss a three. If he shoots them well enough in practice to get an in-game green light, fine shoot them. But if he ends up hitting below 30% he is hurting the team.
          That's what I'm saying: that with more attempts he could be a better shooter than 30% from three. I think he's got the touch to do it.

Not sure it will matter because I can see him getting a chance on an NBA team as a free agent. As we've seen it's super hard to get seniors back to school at Kentucky.

If things fall the right way it shouldn't hurt us, and should actually help. Toppin has a lot more exciting things in his game, as discussed. And if you get Broome then you've more than made up for what Keion Brooks could bring.

Comment

• Per Woj, TyTy Washington will enter the draft.

Comment

• Not that surprising.

Comment

• Ta ta, Ty Ty. (Copyright)

Comment

• ByeBye TyTY

Comment

• My coworker often said: TyTy=BrickBrick

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                      My coworker often said: TyTy=BrickBrick
                      Sounds like they would fit in on Rafters lol

Comment

• Say it ain’t so.

Comment

• Bryce Hopkins is entering the transfer portal

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                            Bryce Hopkins is entering the transfer portal
                            Disappointed but not surprised. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Not surprising, but not good. Could’ve been a very good sophomore.

Comment

• Transfer U rolls on.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X