Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can understand Toppin wanting to test the waters.....but I really was hoping he would come back...and he still could

Comment

• So the POY may come back because he isn’t projected to be drafted in the first round but a guy that never played a minute for UK is likely gone as a lottery pick?? How messed up is that🤨

Comment

• Sharpe is free to do as he pleases - my issue is with him trading on the UK name for NIL purposes and Cal for letting it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
          Sharpe is free to do as he pleases - my issue is with him trading on the UK name for NIL purposes and Cal for letting it happen.
          We weren’t a hat on the table but we sure were a doormat in his career. Lots of stuff has happened here in Cal’s tenure that had never been done in American college athletics before. Some of it has been total crap. Sharpe should be nearing his high school graduation. I’m not saying he didn’t do the schoolwork he supposedly completed early. But if he were not a world class athlete would this avenue have been available to him? Maybe. Doubt it. If you’re good enough there’s always a way around the rules (NBA draft rules in this case).

Another feather for Cal to stick in his cap for getting him an NBA contract a year earlier than he would have. But did it actually get him more career $? If he goes 1st in the draft then going early benefitted him. If he goes, say 8th, then going to college a year may have gotten him a higher pick and potentially more $ over the entirety of his career.

Wonder if Cal will be sitting next to him at the draft and whether they’ll say he is out of UK. He was never a Cat. Is there a slim chance this was not his plan when he suddenly announced he was a high school grad and was going on to college in December? C’mon Man. Nobody that stupid.
          Last edited by Catsrock; 04-12-2022, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post
            So the POY may come back because he isn’t projected to be drafted in the first round but a guy that never played a minute for UK is likely gone as a lottery pick?? How messed up is that🤨
            yeah, that part...make that make sense and he got to train for a few months against college players.
            Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-12-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post
              So the POY may come back because he isn’t projected to be drafted in the first round but a guy that never played a minute for UK is likely gone as a lottery pick?? How messed up is that🤨
              Exactly. If I didn't have 50 years invested as a UK fan I wouldn't follow college basketball at all anymore.

Comment

• If Sharpe leaves, Cal needs to leave. Cal was either stupid for being played by a kid and his parents, or he was complicit. Either way, he should go.

Comment

• We've been lied to so much concerning things like this I just can't believe it. Why is this kid even saying this stuff, I just don't see someone going to college that will be a lottery pick.

https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky...Ae-Pen7dONwXKs

Comment

• I did think the way the Sharpe news broke yesterday was weird. I thought it might've been a false report.

Comment

• Dontaie Allen commits to WKU.....perfect fit for him

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                        Dontaie Allen commits to WKU.....perfect fit for him
                        Best of luck to him, and glad he stayed local. He did give us a few exciting moments while he was here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          I did think the way the Sharpe news broke yesterday was weird. I thought it might've been a false report.
                          I agree, but I just keep telling myself to not even think there is a chance of him coming back so I am not disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by samsdad View Post
                            If Sharpe leaves, Cal needs to leave. Cal was either stupid for being played by a kid and his parents, or he was complicit. Either way, he should go.
                            Given his contract, letting him go would be very very expensive. However, Barney definitely should inform Cal that this was unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                              Dontaie Allen commits to WKU.....perfect fit for him
                              It would seem so. Oscar Combs thinks he will do quite well there.
                              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Originally posted by samsdad View Post
                                If Sharpe leaves, Cal needs to leave. Cal was either stupid for being played by a kid and his parents, or he was complicit. Either way, he should go.
                                I don’t believe there is another program in the country that would have allowed a player like Sharpe to join the team and not play him. Should have been understood by all involved once the player could contribute he was playing. Since the fan’s aren’t privy to all the facts, we will never know.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X