Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uglyduckling View Post

It's a problem that I feel like anyone can tell when Cal actually runs a play to get a shooter open. It's rare but it does happen.
    Yeah a lot of times it's just throw it to them on a wing and let them make a play.

In fairness he did run Grady in some stuff this year. They'd put him in what they call "the grinder," basically running him through a series of screens along the baseline. But most of what Grady got was in transition when we ran.

It's interesting that Grady said that stuff about being hurt. Again I'm not taking up for Cal but I did notice that Grady stopped being put in the grinder late in the season. I chalked it up to the fact that teams became determined to take him out. But there's a possibility Grady's injury just made it so that he couldn't run off all that stuff and they were trying to simplify the sets for him.

It also could explain why he couldn't guard anyone late in the season. He and TyTy both struggled mightily to contain anyone in the last few games and you wonder if injuries might be part of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I don't think Timme is interested in coming here. I think that's something someone started just to create some false hope among the fanbase.
      Oh I know.....just seems like he has been around for awhile

Comment

• It looks like Sharpe might actually return, if so would be the biggest win for UK since Mashburn committed IMO. Would be a a huge boost for program.

Comment

• The only things I've read about Sharpe possibly returning are Twitter chatter, nothing from people who would know. I'll believe it when I see it.
          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• I haven't seen a single thing about Sharpe either way this whole time. It appears they have that situation locked up tight. Makes sense: fans aren't going to react well if he leaves, so might as well stay mum.

Actually check that: I did see one thing, and that was Kyle Tucker's post about Sharpe enrolling in classes for summer and fall. But that didn't really move me because you can always withdraw from classes.

Have no idea what he'll do. It would obviously be huge for UK if he stayed, and if he doesn't Cal has some serious work to do with the roster.

Comment

• Also, I saw where Emoni Bates is transferring from Memphis.

Weird. That guy was at one point rumored to be the next LeBron and now he's looking for a team.

Comment

• Seems like there are 20-30 projected top 10 draft picks?? How does that work 😊

Comment

• Saw that former Cat Devin Askew has entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post
                    Saw that former Cat Devin Askew has entered the portal.
                    Can he cover the deep fade? Is he a field corner or boundary?
                    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Can he cover the deep fade? Is he a field corner or boundary?
                      I spit out my drink on that one.

Comment

• Looks like Oscar may announce his return today. So that's a big one. Or, it could be something general with UK, like uniform announcement, etc. Who knows. Regardless, something good may be happening today according to MJ lol
                        Last edited by lilproUK98; 04-20-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                          Looks like Oscar may announce his return today. So that's a big one. Or, it could be something general with UK, like uniform announcement, etc. Who knows. Regardless, something good may be happening today according to MJ lol
                          Good to hear. Oscar could go down as one of the all-time greatest Kentucky players and I really hope he has a chance to atone for what happened at the end of last year.

Also hope his mom gets to come to Rupp at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                            Looks like Oscar may announce his return today. So that's a big one. Or, it could be something general with UK, like uniform announcement, etc. Who knows. Regardless, something good may be happening today according to MJ lol
                            Actually I will not be surprised if Oscar declares for the draft but doesn't hire an agent. I'd prefer that Sharpe hire an agent when he declares. Otherwise we are still stuck in limbo trying to replace him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

Actually I will not be surprised if Oscar declares for the draft but doesn't hire an agent. I'd prefer that Sharpe hire an agent when he declares. Otherwise we are still stuck in limbo trying to replace him.
                              I may be wrong, but I thought players could return now even if they hire an agent?
                              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Good to hear. Oscar could go down as one of the all-time greatest Kentucky players and I really hope he has a chance to atone for what happened at the end of last year.

Also hope his mom gets to come to Rupp at some point.
                                I think it may be Sharpe announcing he's coming back to UK. My 2nd guess would be Oscar... Will be announced at 12:15 on ESPN I think

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X