Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

    I may be wrong, but I thought players could return now even if they hire an agent?
    They can, if it's an NCAA approved agent.

    Comment


    • Sharpe would be good news and would be a positive break that we haven't gotten in a while. I'm happy to eat some crow on that one if it is indeed Sharpe.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

        I may be wrong, but I thought players could return now even if they hire an agent?
        You are not wrong. Even worse the change occurred back in 2018. Kinda embarrassing I missed it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

          They can, if it's an NCAA approved agent.
          I wonder what all is required to be NCAA approved.

          Comment


          • It's Oscar coming back. Will be announcing on sportscenter in a few minutes

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
              It's Oscar coming back. Will be announcing on sportscenter in a few minutes
              Announcement now at 1:15 on Sportscenter

              Comment


              • Happy to have him back, but we need Sharpe to be elite.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                  Happy to have him back, but we need Sharpe to be elite.
                  Yep.

                  Wallace and the transfers we get will have to be as-advertised as well.

                  The teams that win titles in college basketball are rock solid all the way across. Can't have players who just bring it sometimes. You have to have professional-level guys, at least guys who can make a living somewhere in the world playing ball, through your first six players in the rotation.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                    Yep.

                    Wallace and the transfers we get will have to be as-advertised as well.

                    The teams that win titles in college basketball are rock solid all the way across. Can't have players who just bring it sometimes. You have to have professional-level guys, at least guys who can make a living somewhere in the world playing ball, through your first six players in the rotation.
                    I have a hard time believing UK can win 6 in a row with Wheeler running the show exclusively regardless.

                    I think the transfer from IL State could nearly take up the slack of losing Sharpe.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

                      I have a hard time believing UK can win 6 in a row with Wheeler running the show exclusively regardless.

                      I think the transfer from IL State could nearly take up the slack of losing Sharpe.
                      I've no problem with Wheeler. I think we could win six with him. If we could win six with Marquis Teague and win five with a freshman Andrew Harrison we can win six with Sahvir Wheeler.

                      He could never be the man on a team however. He needs to be a role guy. And looking at his assist numbers the last two years he seems fine with that most of the time. (Still has a penchant for throwing up one or two ungodly horrible shots a game that are basically YMCA-level throws at the rim more than shots.)

                      This last year I think it mostly came down to TyTy and Grady being shells of themselves at the end. Wheeler was solid enough IMO.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                        This last year I think it mostly came down to TyTy and Grady being shells of themselves at the end.
                        Add in the will he/won't he inconsistency of Keion Brooks as well.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                          I think the transfer from IL State could nearly take up the slack of losing Sharpe.
                          Not quite. That guy can score, but he’s nowhere near as dynamic as Sharpe.

                          Sharpe, after a nine-month incubation period, could step in an carry the team from day one. I don’t see Reeves being capable of that.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

                            Not quite. That guy can score, but he’s nowhere near as dynamic as Sharpe.

                            Sharpe, after a nine-month incubation period, could step in an carry the team from day one. I don’t see Reeves being capable of that.
                            That's why I said "nearly". This team needs reliable wing scoring. He checks that box, guaranteed.

                            Speaking of ..
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220420-130936.png
Views:	52
Size:	588.5 KB
ID:	287413

                            Comment


                            • Seems very clear the staff covets Antonio Reeves.

                              Have no idea if that has anything to do with what they feel about the Sharpe situation. It's clear to me that we needed another guard anyway even if Sharpe stayed, and Reeves seems like a solid pick-up--at least on paper.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                                I've no problem with Wheeler. I think we could win six with him. If we could win six with Marquis Teague and win five with a freshman Andrew Harrison we can win six with Sahvir Wheeler.

                                He could never be the man on a team however. He needs to be a role guy. And looking at his assist numbers the last two years he seems fine with that most of the time. (Still has a penchant for throwing up one or two ungodly horrible shots a game that are basically YMCA-level throws at the rim more than shots.)

                                This last year I think it mostly came down to TyTy and Grady being shells of themselves at the end. Wheeler was solid enough IMO.
                                Agree to disagree. He's nowhere near as dynamic as Andrew and even Teague was. He absolutely has to improve his decision making and shooting, but his size gets him in trouble as well. He's just too erratic for me. He's gotta improve that

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X