Sports Ticker

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharpe and Oscar probably leave. I think Brooks returns, if he is making any NIL money where is he going to go that's any better.Given our recent history I am sure we lose somebody to transfer, hope it isn't Hopkins,Cal needs to re recruit him if necessary as I think he has a huge upside. Cal must hit transfer portal HARD because as things stand if things break bad for us we enter next season with no center, weak inconsistent 4, no proven 3 a 2 Frederick with questionable health and a point guard that can't shoot. Our usual fallback a great recruiting class consists of 2 players hardly any room for error. We could really have a train wreck of a roster next year. The other problem is outside of Frederick who can shoot the basketball on that team. Maybe a freshman but who knows. The sky isn't falling but as things look now it's hard to be optimistic about our prospects improving.

Comment

Originally posted by samsdad View Post
      Why would Hopkins leave?
      I suspect it will be because he didn't play much this past year and he'll have guys at his position back next season.

I have nothing concrete to go on, just a hunch. Kentucky's been burned by transfers recently as we all know and Hopkins looks like a prime candidate. For a long time I've assumed we'd get one of Collins and Hopkins back but not both.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I suspect it will be because he didn't play much this past year and he'll have guys at his position back next season.

I have nothing concrete to go on, just a hunch. Kentucky's been burned by transfers recently as we all know and Hopkins looks like a prime candidate. For a long time I've assumed we'd get one of Collins and Hopkins back but not both.
        I believe Hopkins can be a beast. I hope UK can keep all of Hopkins, Toppin, and Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by samsdad View Post
          Why would Hopkins leave?
          After all of Cal's portal catches, if Hopkins doesn't see himself as a 20+ minute per game player as a sophmore, he's gone.

Comment

Now that the season's over, Cal doesn't sound as sure about Sharpe being a Cat next season. He stated that Sharpe is going to gather information and evaluate the situation. Cal says he would like to coach him next season.
            "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I don’t think Cal’s tone has changed Re: Sharpe, nor do I think I he was caught off guard by the situation beyond Sharpe’s early enrollment last fall.

I think he’s just finally being honest about the situation.

Comment

The only thing that might've changed is where Sharpe is being projected in the mock drafts.

It's a weak draft--it almost always is; there usually aren't a ton of pros in college basketball in any given year--so Sharpe is being projected way higher than he was before. Part of this is because people now know he's eligible. Part of it is the makeup of the draft itself and the guys who are going to be taken at the top.

As he has been projected higher and higher the decision becomes more difficult for the family. I doubt that's surprising to Cal but deep in his heart of hearts I think Cal would've liked there to be more competition at the top of the draft so Sharpe wasn't being projected so high in the lottery. As it is there just isn't a lot of can't-miss NBA talent out there so a team will undoubtedly take a chance on Sharpe early on...unless he just bombs his workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                  I don’t think Cal’s tone has changed Re: Sharpe, nor do I think I he was caught off guard by the situation beyond Sharpe’s early enrollment last fall.

I think he’s just finally being honest about the situation.
                  Yes, I agree. Frankly this whole situation leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As for Sharpe, I will never consider him a UK basketball players if he leaves without playing in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

Yes, I agree. Frankly this whole situation leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As for Sharpe, I will never consider him a UK basketball players if he leaves without playing in a game.
                    Agree with you 100%, I hope he is not even a footnote.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

Agree with you 100%, I hope he is not even a footnote.
                      Since he was officially on the team, right or wrong, he will be listed or introduced as being from the University of Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post

Since he was officially on the team, right or wrong, he will be listed or introduced as being from the University of Kentucky.
                        That may be, but as for Kentucky Fans Sharpe would never be a Cat.
                        John 3:3

Comment

No reason for me to consider him a Cat if he leaves this summer. I went to UK and no one considered me part of the team 😜. Enes Canter was more a Cat than Sharpe has been so far. He was at least on the bench wishing he could play.

Comment

I'm tired of guessing. Cal shoves them out the door as soon as possible. He doesn't encourage anyone to stay. He doesn't care about Ky basketball.

Comment

I keep reading Oscar still is not cleared to receive NIL money. Is this true, does anyone know. If it is why wasn't this fixed months ago, I know about laws and rules and. I also know power sets their own rules, why hasn't Cal called somebody like McConnell' and gotten this fixed

Comment

Originally posted by PadCatFan View Post
                                He doesn't care about Ky basketball.
                                Nonsense.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X