Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
    but his size gets him in trouble as well. He's just too erratic for me. He's gotta improve that
    He had very little margin for error for sure.

Comment

Agree to disagree. He's nowhere near as dynamic as Andrew and even Teague was. He absolutely has to improve his decision making and shooting, but his size gets him in trouble as well. He's just too erratic for me. He's gotta improve that
      Andrew Harrison wasn't dynamic as a freshman. Could guard absolutely no one. We forget about that team but they were a complete dumpster fire going into the tournament. A lot of that was the total inability by Andrew Harrison to stay in front of any other guard on any other team.

As a sophomore he really improved and, honestly, became a better player than his brother.

As a freshman he was a dog. Wheeler is vastly superior.

Teague is a little more complicated. Teague was always super tough at least. Could stay in front of people. Just could not shoot until the end.

I personally don't mind small guards because small guards hawk the ball (at times) better than bigger guards. Wheeler is also a very good lay-up maker, so his size doesn't bother him a ton inside.

I like him. Elite? No. But I'd take him on my team.

If he's all you got however then you're in serious trouble.

Comment

• It's official: Oscar will return.

Comment

• Jeff Goodman says that Oscar will earn about $2 million this year at Kentucky.

Comment

That's why I said "nearly". This team needs reliable wing scoring. He checks that box, guaranteed.

Speaking of ..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220420-130936.png
Views:	52
Size:	588.5 KB
ID:	287413
            I know why you said “nearly.” I just disagree that he’s near enough to Sharpe to say “nearly.”

Comment

• Oscar's the first player of the year to return since Tyler Hansbrough in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                Jeff Goodman says that Oscar will earn about $2 million this year at Kentucky.
                NIL made this possible. Oscar would be playing somewhere overseas or fighting for a 2nd round draft spot without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

How is it overblown? You saw Cal standing on the sideline yelling at the team instead of calling a TO. All a coach has to do is show the film to a recruit and his parents. And what he would tell them is about anything.
                  Which is exactly how he has coached since his first season with UK, and before. Never stopped top recruits from wanting to play for him over the last decade-plus.

One of the best players and humans to ever wear a Kentucky uniform just decided to play for Cal a second season. Coach must be doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                    One of the best players and humans to ever wear a Kentucky uniform just decided to play for Cal a second season. Coach must be doing something right.
                    At the risk of being a Negative Nancy , should I queue up the O'Jays ?

Nah, of course not, and the reason why is that now we can say that this is a college basketball thing moreso than just a UK-NBA-Factory thing. It's the times, now, and it truly is awesome to have another year with Oscar!

Comment

• God is not done with me in this place yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Which is exactly how he has coached since his first season with UK, and before. Never stopped top recruits from wanting to play for him over the last decade-plus.

I'm sure Oscar loves Kentucky and playing here, but this was entirely NIL driven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

I'm sure Oscar loves Kentucky and playing here, but this was entirely NIL driven.
                          I know, but if he were miserable at UK I’d imagine he’d find another option.

That’s all I’m saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Andrew Harrison wasn't dynamic as a freshman. Could guard absolutely no one. We forget about that team but they were a complete dumpster fire going into the tournament. A lot of that was the total inability by Andrew Harrison to stay in front of any other guard on any other team.

As a sophomore he really improved and, honestly, became a better player than his brother.

As a freshman he was a dog. Wheeler is vastly superior.

Teague is a little more complicated. Teague was always super tough at least. Could stay in front of people. Just could not shoot until the end.

I personally don't mind small guards because small guards hawk the ball (at times) better than bigger guards. Wheeler is also a very good lay-up maker, so his size doesn't bother him a ton inside.

I like him. Elite? No. But I'd take him on my team.

If he's all you got however then you're in serious trouble.
                            Why would I compare freshman Andrew to Soph/Jr Sahvir? I swear you all just create arguments that don't exist.

This all may be moot anyway, because I'm not sure he comes back and Wallace may run the show.
                            Last edited by lilproUK98; 04-20-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Why would I compare freshman Andrew to Soph/Jr Sahvir? I swear you all just create arguments that don't exist.
                              Maybe because you posted "He's nowhere near as dynamic as Andrew...was."

Not an argument as much as an observation. No big deal really.

Comment

This all may be moot anyway, because I'm not sure he comes back and Wallace may run the show.
                                He’ll come back if UK doesn’t bring in another true PG.

NIL.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X