Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by uglyduckling View Post
    From Branham's 24/7 article about Shape:

    “We’ve known for a long time that this kid will be in the upcoming Draft," said an anonymous NBA executive. "Everything he’s done since has hurt his perception. How do we trust a kid whose camp brazenly lies to every single person they come across?”

    At the end of the day, those executives are going to look past that, especially once they can see the talent in person. But that last line is cray cray to hear.
    Honestly, I feel sorry for the kid.

    By all accounts, he's a really good (and shy) young man blessed with an incredible skillset. Sounds like he's got one or two people in his stratosphere that aren't acting in his best interest. Say what you will about Cal (and there is a lot to say at the moment), but I think he genuinely has the kids' best interest in mind at all times, sometimes (frequently) at the expense of the school.

    Comment


    • It sounds to me like a young individual who wanted to play a little college basketball before going on to the pros. It’s a shame to not have that experience.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

        Honestly, I feel sorry for the kid.

        By all accounts, he's a really good (and shy) young man blessed with an incredible skillset. Sounds like he's got one or two people in his stratosphere that aren't acting in his best interest. Say what you will about Cal (and there is a lot to say at the moment), but I think he genuinely has the kids' best interest in mind at all times, sometimes (frequently) at the expense of the school.
        Thing I’ll never understand is how these “handlers” have more say than a kid’s parents. If the Sharpes were/are on board with UK, that should’ve been the end of it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

          Thing I’ll never understand is how these “handlers” have more say than a kid’s parents.
          A good book about this sort of thing is George Dohrmann's Play Their Hearts Out.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

            Actually according to Kyle Tucker Cal emphasized on the radio that Sharpe's family will have a say by the end of this. Tucker posited that Cal was trying to remove the handler guy.
            Now's as good a time as any to assert control of your own son's future, I guess.

            Comment


            • There was a pretty good local player who announced his college decision a couple years ago. I read the Insta/Twitter/whatever statement he made when he announced and he thanked his AAU coach but not his parents.

              I think with players like Sharpe they've spent a good deal of their adolescence living with these mentors because they've been shipped to far-flung places in America to play basketball. The parents likely haven't been around him very much the last few years but the "mentor" has probably made it a point to stay in his orbit.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                A good book about this sort of thing is George Dohrmann's Play Their Hearts Out.
                Great book.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                  But the suggestion that Shaedon’s sheets, pillowcase, and laundry hamper being in the basement of the Coal Lodge are at least some proof that he’s not 100% gone is not only insulting but…Pitino level of dishonesty. C’mon, man!
                  But…but…he won’t be able to afford to replace his bedsheet till the day he’s drafted. Clearly if he were not going to be back in a week or 2 he’d have taken it with him. I’m sold.

                  Comment



                  • ....Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 3.23.21 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	287714

                    Comment


                    • First we had The Door

                      Now we have The Belongings

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

                        Honestly, I feel sorry for the kid.

                        By all accounts, he's a really good (and shy) young man blessed with an incredible skillset. Sounds like he's got one or two people in his stratosphere that aren't acting in his best interest. Say what you will about Cal (and there is a lot to say at the moment), but I think he genuinely has the kids' best interest in mind at all times, sometimes (frequently) at the expense of the school.
                        I harbor no ill will for the youngster but I do not feel sorry for him. At his age he’s probably had little say in these matters. But I think it’ll all work out for him in a couple months. I wish all of them had the head on their shoulders to manage crazy wealth. Perhaps he’s gifted there as well.

                        Comment


                        • Putting Sharpe aside for a second, looking at what our roster *might* look like:

                          PG Wheeler
                          SG Fredrick
                          CG Wallace
                          WF Reeves
                          WF/PF Livingston
                          F Collins
                          F Toppin
                          F/C Broome/Miller (?)
                          C Ware
                          C Tshiebwe

                          Who else? Need another guard IMO.

                          Comment


                          • Definitely would need another capable guard .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                              Putting Sharpe aside for a second, looking at what our roster *might* look like:

                              PG Wheeler
                              SG Fredrick
                              CG Wallace
                              WF Reeves
                              WF/PF Livingston
                              F Collins
                              F Toppin
                              F/C Broome/Miller (?)
                              C Ware
                              C Tshiebwe

                              Who else? Need another guard IMO.
                              That's a really long and talented team, but it really, really, really needs an explosive playmaker. Thanks, Shaedon.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

                                That's a really long and talented team, but it really, really, really needs an explosive playmaker. Thanks, Shaedon.
                                Could’ve so easily been Nick Smith. Painful to think about.

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X