Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Putting Sharpe aside for a second, looking at what our roster *might* look like:

PG Wheeler
    SG Fredrick
    CG Wallace
    WF Reeves
    WF/PF Livingston
    F Collins
    F Toppin
    F/C Broome/Miller (?)
    C Ware
    C Tshiebwe

Who else? Need another guard IMO.
    Broome isn’t coming now that Oscar’s back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Broome isn’t coming now that Oscar’s back.
      I read that somewhere.
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Could’ve so easily been Nick Smith. Painful to think about.
        Arkansas is going whip our bottoms this year.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

Arkansas is going whip our bottoms this year.
            Even without Sharpe, I don't feel like Arkansas has a decidedly better roster than we do.

Comment

A good book about this sort of thing is George Dohrmann's Play Their Hearts Out.
              Felt so bad for Walker. Great book though.

Comment

Putting Sharpe aside for a second, looking at what our roster *might* look like:

PG Wheeler
                SG Fredrick
                CG Wallace
                WF Reeves
                WF/PF Livingston
                F Collins
                F Toppin
                F/C Broome/Miller (?)
                C Ware
                C Tshiebwe

Who else? Need another guard IMO.
                Nice roster EXCEPT I don't see anyone capable of taking control of the game in the last 5 minutes. TyTy was our man last year until his injury. I see no one in this list unless, possibly, Wallace. This is concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCBlu View Post

Nice roster EXCEPT I don't see anyone capable of taking control of the game in the last 5 minutes. TyTy was our man last year until his injury. I see no one in this list unless, possibly, Wallace. This is concerning.
                  Oscar has the ability to take over a game strictly by rebounding but that's easily countered so I agree. I feel like Toppin has the potential to take over games from an energy and defensive perspective. But we definitely need a shot maker.

Comment

• I don’t get Cal trying to convince everyone the Sharpe deal is not over yet. Has getting played by Sharpe combined with the season ending loss have him a bit embarrassed? He would never admit anything like that. But why else would he be going against his entire point of being at UK? Is he actually attempting to convince a likely top 7 and guaranteed lottery pick to stay in school rather than go change his life?
                    We are a players first program Cal! Winning games is secondary. Kiss him goodbye. Pat yourself on the back for making him rich. You were as much a part of that as you were with Wall and Davis. Then try to find a replacement.
                    Last edited by Catsrock; 04-22-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Could’ve so easily been Nick Smith. Painful to think about.
                      Please don't remind us ugh! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                        Thanks Matt appreciate anyone that post the local Cal interviews because you know I'm in California

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                          I don’t get Cal trying to convince everyone the Sharpe deal is not over yet. Has getting played by Sharpe combined with the season ending loss have him a bit embarrassed? He would never admit anything like that. But why else would he be going against his entire point of being at UK? Is he actually attempting to convince a likely top 7 and guaranteed lottery pick to stay in school rather than go change his life?
                          We are a players first program Cal! Winning games is secondary. Kiss him goodbye. Pat yourself on the back for making him rich. You were as much a part of that as you were with Wall and Davis. Then try to find a replacement.
                          The logical explanation is trying to talk to the parents through the media to get them to cut out the advisor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

The logical explanation is trying to talk to the parents through the media to get them to cut out the advisor.
                            Yes but I think you’re missing my point. The only reason to cut out the advisor would be to try to get Sharpe to play at UK. Thereby delaying a bunch of millions of $ for just a couple million. This is NOT Cal’s reason for coaching. Is he trying to keep up appearances for the fans and his employer? He’s never cared about that before. Something has changed. He may feel left at the altar by this guy but would that make him try to get him to sacrifice “chaanging his life?”

Comment

• Sounds like UK will get a commitment today from Reeves.

Comment

• 🙄🙄🙄

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X