Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PadCatFan View Post
    I'm tired of guessing. Cal shoves them out the door as soon as possible. He doesn't encourage anyone to stay. He doesn't care about Ky basketball.
    I have to disagree.....Cal wouldn't have stayed this long if he didn't care

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

Oh Cal cares alright. The question remains, does he care more about the players than he does about Kentucky Basketball?
      John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Oh Cal cares alright. The question remains, does he care more about the players than he does about Kentucky Basketball?
        You nailed it LH. I think the answer is the former rather than the later; IMO, the Sharpe situation proves it.
        Who's made the decision in this case, Cal or Sharpe handlers? I think I know.

Comment

Dontaie Allen is transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
            Dontaie Allen is transferring.
            Why play for a coach that apparently despises you? For someone who used to allegedly "get it", Cal has horribly miscalculated the perspective of BBN a group that can make him an object of adoration or make his life miserable and job nigh impossible.
            Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
            He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
            Originally posted by Charlie Munger
            I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Why play for a coach that apparently despises you? For someone who used to allegedly "get it", Cal has horribly miscalculated the perspective of BBN a group that can make him an object of adoration or make his life miserable and job nigh impossible.
              Cal definitely mishandled the Allen situation. BUT, I also think it’s true that Allen wasn’t really good enough to play meaningful minutes at Kentucky.

This is probably best for all involved.

Comment

Allen really wasn't good enough to play at Kentucky, or at least in a large role.

Anybody who is expecting him to go elsewhere and became Johnny Juzang are sorely mistaken.

Comment

Not sure about Allen. He's definitely slow but he's got good size and as we've seen he can heat up.

The problem this year is that he just couldn't hit anything. Cal gave him ample time early on and the guy just couldn't find it.

As the season went along shooting wasn't really our problem, so I could see why he was sitting. In some of those last games it would've been nice to have somebody who could knock down a shot but at that point Allen hadn't played in literally months.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

He may have stayed anyway. After all he's had million$ of reasons to.
                    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                      Not sure about Allen. He's definitely slow but he's got good size and as we've seen he can heat up.

The problem this year is that he just couldn't hit anything. Cal gave him ample time early on and the guy just couldn't find it.

As the season went along shooting wasn't really our problem, so I could see why he was sitting. In some of those last games it would've been nice to have somebody who could knock down a shot but at that point Allen hadn't played in literally months.
                      It baffles me how a former Ky. Mr. Basketball couldn't get at least enough minutes to keep him around.
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

According to Cal, Allen actually declined to play because he didn't want to go in with the walk-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

According to Cal, Allen actually declined to play because he didn't want to go in with the walk-ons.
                          Yeah, I forgot about that. That wasn't exactly a decision a guy who plans to stick around the program makes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

It baffles me how a former Ky. Mr. Basketball couldn't get at least enough minutes to keep him around.
                            I didn't understand it last year. This year he just wasn't good enough to produce.

Comment

The Kentucky Mr. Basketball has been a pretty watered down award for nigh on thirty years.

There've been some exceptions. Dominique Hawkins had a solid career here. I'm sure there are others who I'm forgetting about in the Pitino era and on. But for the most part the award has been won by guys who went on to play at small schools--or to not play at all.

Trevon Faulkner and Daveion Hollingsworth both had solid careers at NKU and WKU. Carson Williams had a decent career. Quentin Snyder had a nice run at UofL. Darius Miller and Chris Lofton were both top-shelf D1 players. But if you look back through that list it's a lot of guys who were great in high school, not so much in college.

This isn't an indictment of Dontaie Allen at all because I like Allen. I think he could be a standout at a place like WKU actually. His footspeed was a major concern I always thought, made moreso by the fact Cal doesn't put guys in many clever sets to spring them open. A lot of times it's "Throw you the ball, now get open."

Comment

Along the same lines as Will said above…being Mr. Kentucky Basketball can mean a lot of different things. Can mean you are Wes Unseld/Allen Houston or can mean you are Brandon Stockton/Walt Allen. Just the way I goes in small population states.

Several of Tubby’s Mr.Kentucky’s would never have seen the floor for Cal.

Good luck Dontaie.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X