Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    I didn't hear this with my own ears but my friend says Matt Jones went in on Cal pretty hard on Friday. Says he was blasting Cal's decision to go on the radio with Mike Pratt but wouldn't come on Jones' show. He says he did that because he knew those hosts would lob him softballs and the listening audience wouldn't be nearly as large.

I don't think there's any doubt that's true. But it does make you wonder if Jones will get some heat from Cal and his staff now for saying that--or maybe he's already gotten some heat. Jones has been pretty outspoken about Cal over the last couple years (as he should be).
    He didn't really go in on him hard or blast him or anything. Just expressed a lot of disappointment that he didn't come on Ksr. They have asked if he would come on and haven't gotten a response. The Cal/UK-KSR relationship is very strained right now because of criticism from MJ and the other guys. I think that's silly and very telling that Cal and UK are so thin skinned about deserved criticism over the last couple years. Face the music man. You get paid to win. And you get paid A LOT to win. And the things Cal has said to the fans and the way he has reacted to the losing deserves some criticism. But Cal actually tweeted that he was going on with Pratt and Issel, and he never does that when going on Ksr. Matt noted that, and I think that's funny. Cal is extremely petty, and him and MJ have similar personalities, so you could see where this sort of thing could happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220424-090852.png
Views:	120
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	287791

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220424-090940.png
Views:	112
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	287792

Comment

• ^ Strained is probably a good way of putting it. They're certainly not "buddies" at the moment. It shouldn't be all that surprising, because KSR served a purpose earlier in the Calipari Era and now that need for free exposure isn't there they will cool off on their friendliness with the show / Jones. Subsequently the "info" KSR gets will dry up some...which obviously isn't good for KSR.

But I think this was to be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        ^ Strained is probably a good way of putting it. They're certainly not "buddies" at the moment. It shouldn't be all that surprising, because KSR served a purpose earlier in the Calipari Era and now that need for free exposure isn't there they will cool off on their friendliness with the show / Jones. Subsequently the "info" KSR gets will dry up some...which obviously isn't good for KSR.

But I think this was to be expected.
        I think that info started drying up when Peevy left.

Comment

• Wasn't Joel Justice giving them at least some crumbs?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
            Wasn't Joel Justice giving them at least some crumbs?
            I’ve always heard that he spoke pretty freely to Matt and Kyle Tucker, and tended to embellish when he did so.

Perhaps embellish isn’t the right word, but he had a reputation for getting too excited too early about UK’s standing with recruits, which led to a lot of stories and tweets that turned out to be premature.

Comment

• This doesn't surprise anybody, but WDRB just announced Wheeler is returning.
              John 3:3

Comment

• Glad Wheeler is staying...needs to stay healthy

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                  Glad Wheeler is staying...needs to stay healthy
                  I am too.

I know he has his flaws, but another year of maturity and if he can stay healthy he is important. I don't even get too upset when he drives into trouble because he makes a lot of plays that way, but the staff needs to tell him to get a shooting coach this summer or plan on being taken out of the game anytime he shoots more than a 15 footer.

It amazes me that he is almost 80% from the FT line though? But there are a lot of good three point shooters that aren't great FT shooters so it can obviously work both ways.

Comment

• Looks like Bryce Hopkins is headed to Providence

Best of luck to you kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                      Could’ve so easily been Nick Smith. Painful to think about.

It just occurred to me, I think Nick Smith is tied to the Wallace commitment (and Clark was still part of the incoming class too at that time-decommitted after Nick chose Ark.), right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                        I didn't hear this with my own ears but my friend says Matt Jones went in on Cal pretty hard on Friday. Says he was blasting Cal's decision to go on the radio with Mike Pratt but wouldn't come on Jones' show. He says he did that because he knew those hosts would lob him softballs and the listening audience wouldn't be nearly as large.

I don't think there's any doubt that's true. But it does make you wonder if Jones will get some heat from Cal and his staff now for saying that--or maybe he's already gotten some heat. Jones has been pretty outspoken about Cal over the last couple years (as he should be).
                        No lies told Will! I listened to that podcast and the entire KSR team went in on Cal, but like lilpro said it wasn't hard. Matt and the crew feel like he's avoiding them knowing they will ask the real questions fans want the answers to.
                        Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-25-2022, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post

Too much drama with Sharpe
                          Add to it, an ESPN scout tagged K Tucker's time line with one-on-one footage of Sharpe working out; Tucker didn't take too kind to it Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                            Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                            Could’ve so easily been Nick Smith. Painful to think about.

It just occurred to me, I think Nick Smith is tied to the Wallace commitment (and Clark was still part of the incoming class too at that time-decommitted after Nick chose Ark.), right?
                            He was tied to Wallace only because at the time the scholarship was being presented as a first come/first serves situation. Given Skyy and Sharpe’s places on the upcoming roster, it would’ve been too crowded for Cason AND Smith. You remove Skyy or Sharpe, though, and that works itself out pretty easily.

Remove them both, which now seems likely, and Smith could’ve had all the minutes he could stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

They can, if it's an NCAA approved agent.
                              To revisit this issue of can you return to school if you hire an agent. Matt and this response are correct, it must be an NCAA approved agent. From the half a dozen or so articles I read recently that all say "player didn't hire a agent so may return to school", I suspect few agents are approved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

To revisit this issue of can you return to school if you hire an agent. Matt and this response are correct, it must be an NCAA approved agent. From the half a dozen or so articles I read recently that all say "player didn't hire a agent so may return to school", I suspect few agents are approved.
                                My research revealed there are a couple of options for “approved agents.” If you are a student athlete at Duke or UNC then the agent you signed with is OK. If you are at any other school then your agent has to be a graduate of Duke or UNC law school to be approved.

PS…I lied about researching this.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X