Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

My research revealed there are a couple of options for “approved agents.”.
    Does anyone know what happens if a player signs and then returns to school? Does the contract remain in effect thus allowing said agent to collect a cut of any NIL money?

Comment

• Rob Harris is no longer with the UK basketball program

He was conditioning coach since 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
        Rob Harris is no longer with the UK basketball program

He was conditioning coach since 2014
        Was involved in a pretty bad incident at a girls' basketball game this past season. I think it was middle school girls. Was not a good look at all for UK.

IIRC he also got in a player's face or something during a game this past year. Just not a professional look for the program and it's probably good he moved on. That video of him at the basketball game was kinda pitiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Was involved in a pretty bad incident at a girls' basketball game this past season. I think it was middle school girls. Was not a good look at all for UK.

IIRC he also got in a player's face or something during a game this past year. Just not a professional look for the program and it's probably good he moved on. That video of him at the basketball game was kinda pitiful.
          The in-game incident occurred at UT. Ziegler crashed into the end of the bench, then he and Rob had words. Rob looked like a real idiot, and frankly, I was surprised Cal didn’t cut ties right after the game.

The youth basketball vid came out later, and boy was it a bad look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catgrad7072 View Post

Does anyone know what happens if a player signs and then returns to school? Does the contract remain in effect thus allowing said agent to collect a cut of any NIL money?
            No idea. I suppose like other contracts it could be worded however both sides agree. My guess is it’s typically set up to apply to the player paying the agent IF they go pro 🤷‍♂️

Comment

I had no clue about this but I just saw the video...you are right... not a good look

Comment

• Kentucky is "heavily involved" with South Dakota State's Baylor Scheierman. He's the top transfer in the portal and is testing the NBA waters.

Sixteen schools are on his list, including UK. Big, skilled guard who will very likely play in the NBA after college.

Comment

Kentucky is "heavily involved" with South Dakota State's Baylor Scheierman. He's the top transfer in the portal and is testing the NBA waters.

Sixteen schools are on his list, including UK. Big, skilled guard who will very likely play in the NBA after college.
                  And Reeves is in a holding pattern till some things sort themselves out. Oregon is UK's main competition for him. But he's not a guarantee anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

And Reeves is in a holding pattern till some things sort themselves out. Oregon is UK's main competition for him. But he's not a guarantee anymore
                    Weird.

I might send Cal a tweeter asking him if he plans to actually field a roster for the University of Kentucky men's basketball program or if we should just shift our allegiance over to the rifle team.

Comment

Kentucky is "heavily involved" with South Dakota State's Baylor Scheierman. He's the top transfer in the portal and is testing the NBA waters.

He would be the perfect replacement for Sharpe and give us the playmaker at 3 that we always seem to lack.

Let's hope Cal can reel him in. Apparently his agent is a big UK guy, so that can't hurt.

Comment

• Wheeler > Tsheibwe > Toppin > Wallace > Frederick > Livingston > Collins > Ware > Scheierman.

And then one more of Brooks, Sharpe, Reeves, or another portal option.

Sounds like a complete roster to me.

Comment

• We need a couple of PROVEN shooters out of the portal in case our freshmen are bust

Comment

• Originally posted by Jload View Post
                            We need a couple of PROVEN shooters out of the portal in case our freshmen are bust
                            Scheierman and Fredrick are definitely that. Scheierman's shooting stats are crazy.

Comment

Scheierman and Fredrick are definitely that. Scheierman's shooting stats are crazy.
                              Wheeler dishing to those two with Oscar as a constant threat in the middle? Bruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Wheeler dishing to those two with Oscar as a constant threat in the middle? Bruh.
                                You never know how a team is going to defend because usually that comes down to stuff like communication and work ethic, but last year's team clearly just collapsed defensively. I would hope if Fredrick and Schiereman are on the team that they can D up somebody. It can't be worse than we were at the end of last season.

Damion Collins and Jacob Toppin being able to play extended minutes should help us immensely.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X