Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keion Brooks just entered the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
      Keion Brooks just entered the transfer portal.
      Kyle Tucker says that he wants a more focal role and that Jacob Toppin will return.

This opens the door for Scheierman.

Keion was an up and down player, but really worked hard and improved. Anywhere but Indiana.

Comment

• If Keion wants a focal role he’s going to have to take a step down.

Comment

• Has there ever been another player at UK in the modern era besides Brooks that played here 3 years and never won a NCAA tournament game. In the late 80s maybe I honestly can't think of one

Comment

• Originally posted by Jload View Post
            Has there ever been another player at UK in the modern era besides Brooks that played here 3 years and never won a NCAA tournament game. In the late 80s maybe I honestly can't think of one
            And then wants to be a "focal point". It's been this long and I still think the dude thinks he's KD.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Kyle Tucker says that he wants a more focal role and that Jacob Toppin will return.

This opens the door for Scheierman.

Keion was an up and down player, but really worked hard and improved. Anywhere but Indiana.
              A more focal role!?! WT…
              Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
              He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
              Originally posted by Charlie Munger
              I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                If Keion wants a focal role he’s going to have to take a step down.
                WTH?! How many times in game threads (outside a few games like KU) have we been frustrated with KB and wished Cal would pull him out/give Toppin more minutes?! *raising hand* And HE believes he needs more of a role?! Ok. whatever. Wish him the best; if he returns to college (I think he should go play overseas or try to make a Gleague team during summer league) he will probably go home-Indiana it is. I do hope him leaving means someone else good is on the way from the transfer portal.
                Last edited by 85 Fly; 05-02-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Keion is a good player who can score. He would be the best player on a number of fringe top 25 teams where he won't have to fight with a guy like Jacob Toppin for minutes.

Comment

• I really liked Keion.....sure wish he was staying but wish him the best where ever he may go

Comment

• Off the topic of UK, it's pretty clear the NCAA is going to have to do something about the arms race in the offseason when it comes to NIL.

I'm not completely against college free agency because a lot of these kids aren't "kids" at all, and college basketball has been a professional endeavor since Joe B. was rolling up his early game programs, but when marginal players are transferring and asking for six-figure NIL deals then it's obvious there are a multitude of weird unintended consequences with the system.

It's like the wild west and somebody is going to have to have the creativity to clean it up while keeping the good things about NIL in place.

Dick Vitale ranted about Oscar the other day but that's wildly missing the point. A kid like Oscar deserves everything he gets. Some of these other players who are using agents to broker wild deals and then essentially gaming the system has to be figured out and stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                        Off the topic of UK, it's pretty clear the NCAA is going to have to do something about the arms race in the offseason when it comes to NIL.

I'm not completely against college free agency because a lot of these kids aren't "kids" at all, and college basketball has been a professional endeavor since Joe B. was rolling up his early game programs, but when marginal players are transferring and asking for six-figure NIL deals then it's obvious there are a multitude of weird unintended consequences with the system.

It's like the wild west and somebody is going to have to have the creativity to clean it up while keeping the good things about NIL in place.

Dick Vitale ranted about Oscar the other day but that's wildly missing the point. A kid like Oscar deserves everything he gets. Some of these other players who are using agents to broker wild deals and then essentially gaming the system has to be figured out and stopped.
                        Did you see the kid at Miami? Basically threatened to put his name in the portal if he didn't get an increase in NIL money. Pretty sure the guy doing all the NIL deals for players to go to Miami basically told him to kick rocks.

Comment

Off the topic of UK, it's pretty clear the NCAA is going to have to do something about the arms race in the offseason when it comes to NIL.

No one should be allowed to negotiate an NIL deal until they’ve chosen a school. Schools should be allowed to help players see their NIL potential, but signing with a program because you’ve been offered a contract or promise of some kind seems like a bridge too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                            Keion Brooks just entered the transfer portal.
                            This is the best news I've heard in a long time. If he wants a more focal role, welcome to a DII school.
                            John 3:3

Comment

it’s out of the NCAA’s hands IMO. Given the court ruling I’m not sure what standing the NCAA has to regulate it.
                              Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                              He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                              Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                              I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• May have to install some variation of a NIL cap??

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X