Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor's Matthew Mayer is in the portal.

Interesting player. If only our Texas guy was still on the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Baylor's Matthew Mayer is in the portal.

Interesting player. If only our Texas guy was still on the coaching staff.
      The mullet guy? He'd be a hit here.

Comment

• Matt Jones is saying Kentucky could add point guard Adou Thiero, who's discussed above.

Relatively unknown player but he's big. I saw a couple weeks back that Indiana really wants him.

Comment

• Also noticed that Kyler Tucker tweeted this weekend that Kentucky has "a top five roster" even with no more additions.

Don't know if I agree. A lot of things have to go right because the numbers are super tight right now. Reeves' game has to translate up to high D1. Cason Wallace has to be as advertised. CJ Fredrick has to be the shooter he was at Iowa, stay healthy, and play a broader role. Jacob Toppin has to be ready to take on the mantle as a starter. Damion Collins has to really improve. Wheeler has to shoot the ball better. Oscar has to be Oscar.

I think another high-level scoring guard takes the pressure off. I think right now if Kentucky adds nobody else but Thiero, it's probably more like a top 15* roster. But I don't love the guard situation.

* They'll be higher than top 15 because of Oscar. But realistically there are some holes. That's almost no margin for error at guard.

Comment

Also noticed that Kyler Tucker tweeted this weekend that Kentucky has "a top five roster" even with no more additions.

Don't know if I agree. A lot of things have to go right because the numbers are super tight right now. Reeves' game has to translate up to high D1. Cason Wallace has to be as advertised. CJ Fredrick has to be the shooter he was at Iowa, stay healthy, and play a broader role. Jacob Toppin has to be ready to take on the mantle as a starter. Damion Collins has to really improve. Wheeler has to shoot the ball better. Oscar has to be Oscar.

I think another high-level scoring guard takes the pressure off. I think right now if Kentucky adds nobody else but Thiero, it's probably more like a top 15* roster. But I don't love the guard situation.

* They'll be higher than top 15 because of Oscar. But realistically there are some holes. That's almost no margin for error at guard.
            Kyle Tucker has good info but his takes tend to be...rosy.

Comment

Also noticed that Kyler Tucker tweeted this weekend that Kentucky has "a top five roster" even with no more additions.

I'd like to see another PG and another shooter. Feels like it's almost a certainty that CJ will miss some games.

Comment

• Baylor Scheierman officially cuts Kentucky per Jonathan Givony.

His list is now Arkansas, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, and Nebraska.

Comment

Baylor Scheierman officially cuts Kentucky per Jonathan Givony.

His list is now Arkansas, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, and Nebraska.
                  Oh, and Scheierman also says he wants to stay in the Draft. College is a fallback.

Comment

• Apparently Kentucky was one of only two of his final ten that didn't perform an in-home visit.

Cal and company obviously saw the red flags on this one almost immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                      Apparently Kentucky was one of only two of his final ten that didn't perform an in-home visit.

Cal and company obviously saw the red flags on this one almost immediately.
                      I know none of us are too happy with Cal right now, but we should give credit where it’s due. He’s always been great in this regard.

Comment

• Lee K. Howard
                        @HowardWKYT
                        4m
                        Calipari “If anybody is talking to me about the NIL for a reason to transfer here, I’m not interested.”

Comment

• Matt Jones is going in on this - players are starting to bring up NIL as part of the transfer portal, to which Cal is firmly against. Jones' position is you can be against it all you like but if you fight change, you're going to become irrelevant.

Getting cut from Scheierman's list is one thing but if Cal just refuses to adapt to this, we're going to become irrelevant.

Comment

• The weird thing about Cal fighting it is that he's espoused college free agency for years.

What else is the one-and-done game but glorified free agency? Why is he drawing the line now? Because he doesn't think transfers are as worthy of getting paid as high school phenoms?

I don't quite get it.

Comment

• ^^
                              Cal isn't wrong to be against it, but until that gets sorted out at the federal level, Kentucky's gonna keep missing out on transfers and becoming less and less relevant.

Comment

• NIL opportunities would seem to be a legitimate discussion point between recruit and coach.

However, IMO, NIL opportunities are earned through factors such as performance at the new school (see Oscar), fan popularity (see Oscar again) and community involvement (see Oscar for this comment's hat-trick).

It's sad that recruits now want a guaranteed NIL amount before they make a decision. It's also sad that coaches would be forced to make such a guarantee to seal a deal.

Ya know, 'earned not given'. At least that's the way it ought to be.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X