Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adou Thiero just committed to UK! He's 6'5" combo guard with a recent growth spurt. Had offers to Maryland, Xavier, Pittsburg, among other others

Comment

• Interesting player. Kentucky hasn’t gotten a bunch of under the radar guys (not counting borderline stars like Shai) but the ones we have gotten (Juzang, Matthews, Humphries, Baker) have bolted at the first opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
        Interesting player. Kentucky hasn’t gotten a bunch of under the radar guys (not counting borderline stars like Shai) but the ones we have gotten (Juzang, Matthews, Humphries, Baker) have bolted at the first opportunity.
        Easily a top 2 issue with the way this era has unfolded. These players should be 3-4 year players who help bring experienced talent that the great college teams have. Bryce Hopkins was probably too highly recruited to be in this category, but I think the inability to retain these guys in the program is a major death knell to the Calipari era. It's a big reason why we were able to go 9-16.

I know everyone has transfers now but prior to the portal blowing up it seemed like we still had several, and people who had been here >2 years were viewed as failures. You can't let that happen.

Hopefully Adou brings the right approach, continues to work hard, and contributes to the program.

Comment

• This might be, at least partly, a buddy signing. His dad played for Cal at Memphis. It's my understanding his role is to back up Wheeler to give Wheeler a blow or if he is in foul trouble.
          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
            It's my understanding his role is to back up Wheeler to give Wheeler a blow or if he is in foul trouble.
            I doubt he’s even at the level we’d need him to be for that role. Cason will probably handle backup PG duties. Reeves, too.

Comment

• I like the idea of adding this kid, but it's sad that I am expecting him to make it one, maybe two seasons before he transfers because he's not getting enough PT. Like Matt said, I think it helped him having his father's connection with Cal and at this point Cal just needs practice bodies as well in the short term.

Who knows, maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and he keeps progressing and turns into a contributor.

Comment

• Keion Brooks is staying in the draft, fwiw.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                  Keion Brooks is staying in the draft, fwiw.
                  Can't see anyone drafting him. If not, can he return to college?

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

I believe he has to withdraw his name by a certain date to return to college. I am by no means a expert on this subject so maybe someone else can confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

Not positive but maybe June 1st

Comment

• Draw your own conclusions

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                          Keion Brooks is staying in the draft, fwiw.
                          Good news. He won't be drafted so I wonder what country he'll end up in.
                          John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Good news. He won't be drafted so I wonder what country he'll end up in.
                            Lilliput maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post

I believe he has to withdraw his name by a certain date to return to college. I am by no means a expert on this subject so maybe someone else can confirm.
                              Looks like the above is correct. Here is an article discussing the possibility Brooks might return to UK. Says he has less that two weeks to withdraw from the draft if he wants to return to college. (I believe the date is June1st.).

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ansfer-portal/
                              Last edited by Los Gatos; 05-19-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Is UK’s roster set and if not, what players are being considered?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X