Sports Ticker

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • @ WCN Family- Did anybody catch Cal on Paul Finebaum show yesterday? As most of you know, yesterday and today was SEC Meeting in Dustin FL so Paul was there interviewing coaches. Cal was talking about we need to get back to "gold standard" and he said he's going to have a conversation with Mitch... *rolling my eyes*

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
      @ WCN Family- Did anybody catch Cal on Paul Finebaum show yesterday? As most of you know, yesterday and today was SEC Meeting in Dustin FL so Paul was there interviewing coaches. Cal was talking about we need to get back to "gold standard" and he said he's going to have a conversation with Mitch... *rolling my eyes*
      I saw some of the quotes.

      The Big Blue Madness thing is just Cal's way of deflecting from his failures on the court.

      BUT it is true that we get a ton of visitors at BBM and rarely get any signees. I have noticed that for years. I suspect that happens elsewhere too though and it isn't just a Kentucky thing.

      Comment


      • It would be interesting to find out how much if any a school’s schedule factors into a recruit’s decision. Going to Hawaii or Bermuda or other locations would have to be appealing. Just a perk that is not discussed much.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
          Yup looks like we are done and I also see mullet man committed to ILL (don't even know if we reached out). I would like one more piece, but oh well probably scraping the portal barrel if we did that at this point.
          How about Dillingham? Do you see a realistic chance he reclassifies to 22?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by samsdad View Post

            The way to make sure the Sharpe thing doesn't happen again is for Cal to leave. I'm all for that.
            Me too.
            John 3:3

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

              How about Dillingham? Do you see a realistic chance he reclassifies to 22?
              IMO I don't think he should. I'm worried about his frame LG; he is the size DJ was as a freshmen in HS and they are the same class! He's also inconsistent to me even at the HS level; needs to work on decision making skills. Senior year along with this EYBL season should help his maturity.

              What do you think LG?

              And what about you DVZ, your thoughts?

              Comment


              • Dillingham’s game is college-ready, but his body is not. He’s skinny, and even though he could probably contribute in some ways as a freshman, I think the rigor of this level would limit him quite a bit.

                I think we’ll get him, assuming there are no more weird turns in his recruitment (*looking at you, Donda Academy*), but I’m of the mind that it’s in everyone’s best interests for him to stay in his current class.

                On the other hand, at least we do have a very steady guard presence next season in the unlikely event Dillingham does decide to move up, and as I understand it, we’d get him for two years due to his age. (After the Sharpe fiasco, though, I’ll never pretend to understand who is and isn’t eligible.)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

                  IMO I don't think he should. I'm worried about his frame LG; he is the size DJ was as a freshmen in HS and they are the same class! He's also inconsistent to me even at the HS level; needs to work on decision making skills. Senior year along with this EYBL season should help his maturity.

                  What do you think LG?

                  And what about you DVZ, your thoughts?
                  Thanks for the evaluations. I've not seem him play and would not be qualified to judge even if I had. I agree with DVZ regarding the NBA draft eligibility rules. Under the current rules I don't see any way he would be eligible next year due to not being old enough. It kinda difficult to change your birth year. However, the NBA and player association could change the age rule to 18 instead of 19. It's been discussed but apparently tabled due to Covid.

                  Comment


                  • Keion Brooks headed to Washington

                    Comment


                    • Best of luck to Brooks

                      Comment


                      • Is UK showing any interest in this guy?

                        https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/...ws-connecticut

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by justford View Post
                          Is UK showing any interest in this guy?

                          https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/...ws-connecticut
                          Very much so.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by justford View Post
                            Is UK showing any interest in this guy?

                            https://www.aseaofblue.com/platform/...ws-connecticut
                            Rivals calls him Ugonna Kingsley Onyenso. They currently rank him 86 in his class. Maybe his stock is on the rise. Perhaps he can show interest in UK and go to the draft.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                              Dillingham’s game is college-ready, but his body is not. He’s skinny, and even though he could probably contribute in some ways as a freshman, I think the rigor of this level would limit him quite a bit.

                              I think we’ll get him, assuming there are no more weird turns in his recruitment (*looking at you, Donda Academy*), but I’m of the mind that it’s in everyone’s best interests for him to stay in his current class.

                              On the other hand, at least we do have a very steady guard presence next season in the unlikely event Dillingham does decide to move up, and as I understand it, we’d get him for two years due to his age. (After the Sharpe fiasco, though, I’ll never pretend to understand who is and isn’t eligible.)
                              ....that part- "Donda Academy"! LMBO

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post

                                Thanks for the evaluations. I've not seem him play and would not be qualified to judge even if I had. I agree with DVZ regarding the NBA draft eligibility rules. Under the current rules I don't see any way he would be eligible next year due to not being old enough. It kinda difficult to change your birth year. However, the NBA and player association could change the age rule to 18 instead of 19. It's been discussed but apparently tabled due to Covid.
                                Hey, my worry is really with the "academy"; in CA you have to be WASC accredited so at this point if he picks UK, hope he's eligible!

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X