Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know a lot about Terrence Shannon. Texas Tech is one of the teams I just didn't watch this year until last night.

Really good size. May be of interest to UK because of our stupefying defensive troubles this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Don't know a lot about Terrence Shannon. Texas Tech is one of the teams I just didn't watch this year until last night.

Really good size. May be of interest to UK because of our stupefying defensive troubles this past season.
      I don’t see a box he doesn’t check.

Comment

I saw where Kentucky reached out to LSU's Xavier Pinson, although that doesn't move me much.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
          I saw where Kentucky reached out to LSU's Xavier Pinson, although that doesn't move me much.
          Reached out to him last year too.

Decent player but couldn't shoot this past season for LSU. Outside shooting numbers plummeted from his junior to senior years.

He tore us up though in Rupp.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
            He’d have a Mintz-level impact imo. Probably a little better, but not by much.

Comment

I need to break out of my funk. By November I’ll be excited if Cal puts together a collection that looks good on paper. Right now I’m still in shock and kinda think “does it really matter who transfers in if we use them wrong and run no plays?” Bring in shooters and tell them to drive. Bring in drivers and tell them to shoot outside. Other than Oscar not really allowing players to capitalize on their strengths because scouts have already seen they can do that. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Better to do that with good players than bad ones I suppose. 21-22 was better than 20-21.

Comment

If Cal doesn’t change his offense, anyone he recruits needs to be able create their own shot.

Comment

Cal needs to hire the HC of St Peters and let him run the offense.
                  John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                    Scott Davenport could do it as well if one of them wanted to quit being a head coach and become an “offensive coordinator.” Groom one of them to take over.

If Cal could recruit a team then quit. Hire Davenport without the class falling apart. He would rock and roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

Scott Davenport could do it as well if one of them wanted to quit being a head coach and become an “offensive coordinator.” Groom one of them to take over.

If Cal could recruit a team then quit. Hire Davenport without the class falling apart. He would rock and roll.
                      I like it.

Comment

I'm afraid that Cal has made the Ky program a cattle auction.

Comment

St. Peter's had one of the worst offenses of any team in the tournament field coming in.

What we're seeing with St. Peter's isn't the design of his offense, IMO. What you notice about St. Peter's is they guard like crazy, he's extremely clever with how he switches defenses...but more than any strategy is that that team is tough. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Notice in the postgame interviews how salty Shaheen Holloway is. He's about one notch away from being a total jerk. How he gives interviews is exactly how his guys play: mean.

That's what Kentucky needed to mimic. I thought for most of the year that Kentucky was a little soft. We had no mean guys. Put a Deandre Liggins on this team and we might still be playing.

Comment

All I go by is what I'm seeing now from St Peter's offense. They all hustle and are constantly moving. Their cuts are crisp and precise and this is totally different from the standing around offense we saw from our Cats this year.

Comment

All I go by is what I'm seeing now from St Peter's offense. They all hustle and are constantly moving. Their cuts are crisp and precise and this is totally different from the standing around offense we saw from our Cats this year.
                              Kentucky was a very good offensive team this year, actually. (Until the end.)

I do think that it was at least partly strategy that ended up dooming Kentucky. The zone they couldn't figure out by St. Peter's was the exact zone Purdue couldn't figure out last night.

But I don't think strategy answers to all of it. I maintain that it was two things: Kentucky was a mediocre defensive team that never did improve on that end and in fact regressed, and a coach that for whatever reason panicked late in the season and in turn saw his players begin to become shells of their former selves.

However you cut it down it comes back to bad coaching. But the numbers bear out that until like the last two weeks, Kentucky could score with anybody. Their top shelf offense actually may've been a negative, ironically: it convinced them that they could outscore their opponents, and that ain't the way you win in March.

Comment

The LHL clarifies that Kentucky has yet to make contact with any potential transfer.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...259810430.html

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X