Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    The LHL clarifies that Kentucky has yet to make contact with any potential transfer.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...259810430.html
    Yeah okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Yeah okay.
      Yeah it was important that Kentucky clean that up considering Texas Tech had only lost the night before. The timing could get them into trouble.

In reality, I imagine teams are contacting players all over the place all season long. And vice versa.

Comment

Yeah it was important that Kentucky clean that up considering Texas Tech had only lost the night before. The timing could get them into trouble.

In reality, I imagine teams are contacting players all over the place all season long. And vice versa.
        I guarantee back channel transfer conversations happen constantly.

Comment

Kentucky was a very good offensive team this year, actually. (Until the end.)
          I take issue with the idea that “good offensive numbers” equals “good offense”.

Good offense involves space, movement, and creating open looks. We don’t have that and didn’t have that.

Take away Tyty “quietly” creating something out of nothing for 15 pts a game in the first half of the season and what do you have? A bad offensive team. Cal has ALWAYS been too dependent on an NBA prospect creating something out of nothing.

And yes the defense sucked too. It’s amazing that for the number of times we have gotten throttled by an alternating defense that Cal can’t figure out the value of throwing a zone or two to mix it up.
          Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
          He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
          Originally posted by Charlie Munger
          I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I take issue with the idea that “good offensive numbers” equals “good offense”.
            I think they're different too, but the fact remains that Kentucky was a "good offensive team" until the end. We can parse that every which way but it was simply the truth.

It's also a fact that Oscar smoothed over some issues Kentucky had--notably an inconsistent 4 spot, poor shooting point guard, not enough get-to-the-rim players, etc. Our unbelievable transition offense for 3/4 of the year helped as well. Don't have to run halfcourt sets if you beat teams down.

As we've discussed when teams figured out our transition game we became a shell of the team we were.

Comment

Any inside chatter about Sharpe?

Saw on one NBA draft site they expect him to announce within two weeks if he's staying or going.

Can't see any scenario where he wouldn't go since it's looking like he will be a lottery pick.

Comment

I needed to take a mini vacay from message board and B/R just to deal with the shock/numbness; took me like a week to process, and I didn't want to post in my emotional state-Lol. Now I gotta rap my head around who's staying/going earlier than I planned but Brooks may transfer and I wont be mad (maybe go home-IU) or he may even enter the draft knowing he's going to go undrafted, but he will try to latch on to a G-league team. TyTy is another player I'm not quite sure about; part me says he's gonna come back because his stock dropped-never the same after injury. Sharpe-not in the equation for me, don't even want to pin hopes... if he does return that will be a bonus. B-Hop- on the fence about him. Hopkins could transfer or he can have the outlook like Collins and comeback. Big O- after he receives feedback from NBA, he will realize there is more money in NIL (to help his family) so I'm guessing he will return. Everybody else not mentioned, returns.
                Last edited by 85 Fly; 03-29-2022, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

I don’t see a box he doesn’t check.
                  And he plays hard. I hope there is a 7 footer in that portal

Comment

Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                    I needed to take a mini vacay from message board and B/R just to deal with the shock/numbness; took me like a week to process, and I didn't want to post in my emotional state-Lol. Now I gotta rap my head around who's staying/going earlier than I planned but Brooks may transfer and I wont be mad (maybe go home-IU) or he may even enter the draft knowing he's going to go undrafted, but he will try to latch on to a G-league team. TyTy is another player I'm not quite sure about; part me says he's gonna come back because his stock dropped-never the same after injury. Sharpe-not in the equation for me, don't even want to pin hopes... if he does return that will be a bonus. B-Hop- on the fence about him. Hopkins could transfer or he can have the outlook like Collins and comeback. Big O- after he receives feedback from NBA, he will realize there is more money in NIL (to help his family) so I'm guessing he will return. Everybody else not mentioned, returns.
                    You are way more confident then me. His nba stock will never be higher and I have yet to see these monstrous NIL numbers everyone keeps claiming he will get here.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. He was the best thing to come to this program in awhile!

Comment

Oscars Faith will have a lot to do with his decision as it should. Pray for this young man and his family.
                      John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                        Yes, you are a lot more confident that I am. Really doubt Ty Ty returns. Better chance of Oscar returning although I've seen post on another forum that NIL money is not a sure thing. Something to do with his student visa. As for Sharpe, I don't even follow anything about him.

Comment

We should start a go fund me to get his mom here.

Comment

Just read that over 1,000 players are currently in the transfer portal with more expected daily!!! Is there a end in sight for this??

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
                              Just read that over 1,000 players are currently in the transfer portal with more expected daily!!! Is there a end in sight for this??
                              Not without another rule change

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
                                I'm all for players having the same rights as coaches, but this is ridiculous.
                                "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X