Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I'm all for players having the same rights as coaches, but this is ridiculous.
    How many should be allowed in the transfer portal before we restrict their rights?

Comment

Is the rule still the each player is allowed one transfer without sitting out a year?

There was so many "Covid" rules that I honestly haven't kept up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
        Is the rule still the each player is allowed one transfer without sitting out a year?

There was so many "Covid" rules that I honestly haven't kept up with it.
        Last I heard a wavier had to be granted to keep from sitting out a year after the second transfer. May have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post

Last I heard a wavier had to be granted to keep from sitting out a year after the second transfer. May have changed.
          Yes, my recollection as well. However, I heard that one of the LSU players in the portal expects to be granted a waiver since Wade was fired. If the NCAA starting granting waivers right and left, what is the point of even having a rule requiring a player to sit out a year.

Comment

I just saw, on Twitter, where Brooks tweeted that he played with the greatest player in college bb. That sounds as if either he or Oscar or both are gone.
            "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I just saw, on Twitter, where Brooks tweeted that he played with the greatest player in college bb. That sounds as if either he or Oscar or both are gone.
              I think it just means he played with this year’s greatest player.

Too many people assume subtext and innuendo in everything, when in reality most of these comments — especially from players — are pretty innocuous.
              Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 04-03-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

As far as Oscar returning, why would he? He's won every POY there is, I can't see his draft stock ever being higher. Plus, if he returns he could suffer a career-ending injury.
                "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I saw where Johni Broome is entering the Portal.
                  Last edited by Matt Dillon; 04-04-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

As far as Oscar returning, why would he? He's won every POY there is, I can't see his draft stock ever being higher. Plus, if he returns he could suffer a career-ending injury.
                    The thinking is that he won't play in the NBA and that he would have a better shot at millions via an NIL deal (if they can resolve his visa problems) than he would failing to make the NBA.
                    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                      To make a boatload of money in the comfort of the USA. If/when they get NIL sorted out for him, it’s a no-brainer. His draft stock was “mid-second,” then it peaked around “top of the second/maybe end of the first,” but has since fallen back to “mid-to-late second if drafted at all.” He has very few draft prospects, so it’d be two choices: come back to UK and make millions in NIL, or go overseas. He’s trying to do everything in his power to get his mother to the States; overseas is even less appealing for him than most other guys.

Comment

Maybe he likes me
                        Last edited by Catsrock; 04-04-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I saw where Johnni Broome is entering the Portal.
                          If we grab this guy we’ll make a clean sweep.

Nailed it!

😜

Comment

• I don't think Oscar Tshiebwe ever plays a whole lot in the NBA. I've said that since the beginning. Just does not check off any of the boxes the NBA is looking for in 2022.

Comment

I saw where Johnni Broome is entering the Portal.
                              Wouldn’t mind him playing at UK.

Comment

• Keion Brooks to test the waters with the NBA with option to return to UK

IMO...he will be back
                                Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 04-04-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X