Sports Ticker

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually think Brooks will play a little in the NBA. Not a superstar or anything but I can see him sticking around a bit.

Comment

• Perhaps a case of addition by subtraction.

Brooks never seemed to improve much while here, but with his size and skillset I could actually see him making an NBA roster, Wenyen Gabriel style.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
        Keion Brooks to test the waters with the NBA with option to return to UK

IMO...he will be back
        I hope there is an NBA team who wants a 6'7" player who can jump, can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass and plays no defense.
        John 3:3

Comment

• No mention of him returning to UK just option to return to college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

I hope there is an NBA team who wants a 6'7" player who can jump, can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass and plays no defense.
            Brooks is a good shooter actually. Never could understand why he didn't take two steps back and shoot threes, but he nailed mid-range jumpshots all year. I actually think he's an upper tier shooter and with some polish could be a good corner three-point shooter--which is what they're looking for in the NBA virtually all the time.

Not a good ballhandler so can't create a shot.

Comment

• You guys are way too hard on Brooks. He is never going to be an AA or even an All-SEC. But, he is a solid piece player with an improving shot and lots of experience. I, for one, hope he comes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBCatMan View Post
                You guys are way too hard on Brooks. He is never going to be an AA or even an All-SEC. But, he is a solid piece player with an improving shot and lots of experience. I, for one, hope he comes back.
                I'm a little torn on him.

I think he caught some unnecessary grief but by the same token, I don't like how he refuses to fight sometimes. Several times this year I saw loose balls around and he just couldn't get them. 50/50 rebounds and so on--he just let the ball get ripped out of his hands sometimes. Or else it was just right there for him to grab and he just wouldn't.

Likely for the same reason he just drifted out of some games. You couldn't even tell he was out there on those nights. That isn't good for a guy getting the minutes he got.

However he also had several games where I thought he was fine, and a handful where he was as good as anybody on the court. If he could bottle that up he'd be great. But if not he hurts you because he has a penchant for disappearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

This is your best post ever.
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I'm a little torn on him.

I think he caught some unnecessary grief but by the same token, I don't like how he refuses to fight sometimes. Several times this year I saw loose balls around and he just couldn't get them. 50/50 rebounds and so on--he just let the ball get ripped out of his hands sometimes. Or else it was just right there for him to grab and he just wouldn't.

Likely for the same reason he just drifted out of some games. You couldn't even tell he was out there on those nights. That isn't good for a guy getting the minutes he got.

However he also had several games where I thought he was fine, and a handful where he was as good as anybody on the court. If he could bottle that up he'd be great. But if not he hurts you because he has a penchant for disappearing.
                    He is another word for a cat…
                    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Pussilanimous. adjective
                      1. Lacking courage; cowardly.
                      2. Destitute of a manly or courageous strength and firmness of mind; of weak spirit; mean-spirited; spiritless; cowardly; -- said of persons, .

Comment

• You guys are being way too hard on Brooks — not to mention pretty insulting to a young man who did exactly what we’ve all begged for for years: he came back to Kentucky.

I once called Tai Wynyard a “doofus” on this board for having an armed “bodyguard” at parties, and some folks around here acted like I’d committed a federal crime. Now, we have a player who is no doubt inconsistent but also played some great games for Kentucky, has never been in trouble, and on more than one occasion was the only member of the team to step up and show leadership during some of the program’s darkest moments, and he’s getting trashed without mercy? Here?

Shame on y’all.

Comment

• ^ I think that’s well stated.

Comment

• I really like Brooks...I hope he comes back for his senior year

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                              You guys are being way too hard on Brooks — not to mention pretty insulting to a young man who did exactly what we’ve all begged for for years: he came back to Kentucky.
                              Yeah, I agree with this in some ways. I've always noticed UK fans want guys to come back...but we're also quick to want certain guys to leave.

However Brooks is a little complicated for me. I didn't think he played hard all the time. That's not to say I want him to leave...but I do wonder if we might be better off as a team if he did. I don't love him as a player in the same way I didn't love Alex Poythress as a player...BUT the irony was that when Poythress got hurt, that ended up being a really big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Tiger?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

The Official “Who’s On Our Team?” Thread (UPDATE: Oscar In, Shaedon Out)

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X